Clutch drag at high rpm

Hi all as above title,
Has anyone had issues with the clutch dragging at high rpm over 5000rpm makes it hard to get into gear, driving around town and changing below 5k it drops into gear perfect,
To test this ive revved it up on the spot in gear with clutch depressed and at 5k it pulls forward quite a lot, I’m thinking it must be either slave issue or pressure plate?

Hey - my one does this a little bit, but not consistently.

I noticed intermittent stiffness changing gear at high RPM - I bled the clutch, and changed the gearbox oil, but still feel it very occasionally.

I tried what you described and felt a very slight tug forward once the revs get over 5000 - more of a pulsing, and only causes the car to roll forward very slowly.

I had the clutch and slave swapped out for new genuine parts shortly after I bought the car, but I’m not sure if the problem was there before I had the work done.

I’m reluctant to have the clutch swapped again so will be keeping an eye on this thread in case you find a solution!

Hey - my one does this a little bit, but not consistently.

I noticed intermittent stiffness changing gear at high RPM - I bled the clutch, and changed the gearbox oil, but still feel it very occasionally.

I tried what you described and felt a very slight tug forward once the revs get over 5000 - more of a pulsing, and only causes the car to roll forward very slowly.

I had the clutch and slave swapped out for new genuine parts shortly after I bought the car, but I’m not sure if the problem was there before I had the work done.

I’m reluctant to have the clutch swapped again so will be keeping an eye on this thread in case you find a solution!
I’m just about to order clutch kit, as not long had the car, I know it had a brand new box less than 30k ago from Renault but the clutch wasn’t change (god knows why) so I will update Hopfully at the weekend when I’ve changed it! It can only be that or flywheel...

Reactions: littleg78
Just make sure you really take every care on bleeding the clutch. I had my box replaced and at normal shift speeds, it was fine but when racing the faster shifts caused it to block third.
Giving it a really thorough bleed has fixed it.