Clio R.S.16

@SRT40 haha don't tell me you work at Enstone too? Small world! I was admiring your Raider for rather a long time the other week, and the V6 is special too. Did anyone get to take it for a cheeky spin...?

Ah yes the Spa car, interesting thing I took from that is that there must have been a short run of the 'bodykits', not just one bespoke one as seen on the running car...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

@SRT40 haha don't tell me you work at Enstone too? Small world! I was admiring your Raider for rather a long time the other week, and the V6 is special too. Did anyone get to take it for a cheeky spin...?
Raider is really nice. But still commute mainly in my 190k mile cup, which is still more fun... (And yup, since 09, now in Race Engineering)

I know it would not be the same thing but do you think if someone made that bodykit they'd be on to a winner?

I know it would not be the same thing but do you think if someone made that bodykit they'd be on to a winner?
I don't think too many people would buy the bodykit tbh, but if they came out the factory like that they'd have sold a lot more

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Im still amazed at Renault's main 'reason' for not making this car. ie: It would compete too closely with the Meg.

Look how many subtle variations of Mini body / Engine there are. And they all seem to sell ok from the numbers you see on the road.

BMW have got more body and engines choices than i've had hot dinners. There must be so much overlap in their range its unreal.

Audi cant be far behind in pure choice per model....etc etc

Something "fishy" about the e̶x̶c̶u̶s̶e̶ white-lie Renault portrayed to us methinks.....

Reactions: Jimmy
Yes very much so syer. Judging by the video on YouTube it was very much bodged together..

Funny you mention about the minis, my mum has a Cooper s clubman, trying to find it on parkers the other day, omg the list was ridiculous I had to type the number plate in the end....

Yes very much so syer. Judging by the video on YouTube it was very much bodged together..

Funny you mention about the minis, my mum has a Cooper s clubman, trying to find it on parkers the other day, omg the list was ridiculous I had to type the number plate in the end....

I bet with the Mini range. Would have been an evening long job finding the exact model, engine spec, extra packs etc etc

The BMW range must be ridiculous on paper. Can you imagine flicking through the brochures given £30-35k to spend on your next Company car ? The mix and match potential is huge; and they manage to do a Top-spec M model in every series. And sell them all like hotcakes too.

Renault must have had absolutely huge success with every single one of their RenaultSport Models over the years. The notion that anyone thought this would be different cannot possibly ring true. Especially bearing in mind it was only proposed to be made in a limited run too. Just 500 wasn't it ? How the heck is 500 Worldwide REALLY going to impact on Meg sales. And so bloody what if a potential Meg buyer decided to buy a Clio in the end ???? Hardly a loss to Renault is it.....

Something just doesn't ring true. We have been treated like mushrooms !

I bet with the Mini range. Would have been an evening long job finding the exact model, engine spec, extra packs etc etc

The BMW range must be ridiculous on paper. Can you imagine flicking through the brochures given £30-35k to spend on your next Company car ? The mix and match potential is huge; and they manage to do a Top-spec M model in every series. And sell them all like hotcakes too.

Renault must have had absolutely huge success with every single one of their RenaultSport Models over the years. The notion that anyone thought this would be different cannot possibly ring true. Especially bearing in mind it was only proposed to be made in a limited run too. Just 500 wasn't it ? How the heck is 500 Worldwide REALLY going to impact on Meg sales. And so bloody what if a potential Meg buyer decided to buy a Clio in the end ???? Hardly a loss to Renault is it.....

Something just doesn't ring true. We have been treated like mushrooms !
I was told it was because of the new Alpine being built @sevenfourate

I was told it was because of the new Alpine being built @sevenfourate

Different cars, different purposes, different prices. And yet they are worried about them competing ?

Or are they saying with the huge might of Renault production, organisation and financial back-up they couldn't work on both at the same time.....

Stinks of BS.

Different cars, different purposes, different prices. And yet they are worried about them competing ?

Or are they saying with the huge might of Renault production, organisation and financial back-up they couldn't work on both at the same time.....

Stinks of BS.
I think at 40K and two seats it was a risk

I was informed both would have had to go through the Dieppe facility which it couldn't accommodate and the Alpine took preference, but RS16 concept will be reappraised post Alpine production.