Clio brakes are good!!!

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
Had to properly test my brakes tonight when a drink driver having just crashed in to a gate post reversed out of a side road onto the main road I was doing the national speed limit on. Thankfully my brakes are fully serviced up and uprated pretty much everything so they stopped the car quick when the Suzuki car appeared in front of me from no where. Having come to a halt about 2 meters max from the side of the Suzuki I watched as the obviously drunk driver drive off up the side road he had just reversed out of and straight in to a telegraph pole (bringing down the phone lines) and removing a wheel from the Suzuki. Obviously I called the police and distracted the driver until they turned up. Turns out the car was stolen too as well as the driver being drunk.

I honestly don't think I could have stopped any quicker in anything else. It was the closest I think I've ever come to being wiped out in my car.

Thank goodness for good brakes!

Last edited:
The brakes really are awesome when updated, I've recently put braided hoses and DS 2500,s on mad I can't believe how eager they are to put you through the wind screen, I was loosing faith in the standard set up

Good to see they helped you avoid a nasty tangle buddy, hope you reported the waste of space

The brakes really are awesome when updated, I've recently put braided hoses and DS 2500,s on mad I can't believe how eager they are to put you through the wind screen, I was loosing faith in the standard set up

Good to see they helped you avoid a nasty tangle buddy, hope you reported the waste of space

He was last seen sitting in the back of a police car. Apparently he 'only' had 2 bottles of wine tonight.

Your set up is similar to mine. I've Ferodo DS2500 pads, Tarox F2000 disks, Hel lines and Motul RBF660 fluid up front. I also recently serviced the rears and put in some new standard pads. Very impressed indeed. Money well spent and not wasted and my work colleagues had said when I uprated everything.

the standard brakes are amazing as well. i also had to find out the hard way, my gosh this car stops quickly when you really need it to.

I've been impressed with just the standard set up.

Would it be worth putting braided lines on with the standard pads and disk?