Clio 200 Service History Newbie Question...

I may be buying a friends 200 which he has decided to sell which is an awesome 1 owner car I simply cannot pass up!...

In talking to him tonight on the phone talking about the service history, he explained it has no service book and this just held on a database at renault, he has a service pack which is simply a few pages dealer stamped, is this all you get?

Having had an R26 and RS Twingo I always had an actual service book, whats the deal?

Thanks..

He should have receipts but on a new car thats about it as services are set out so you know what will have been done

Its not had first service yet, so is the correct it does not have a service history book as normal? i know i can trust my friend obviously but just not aware of this..

There is no Service book any more-

Its all part of the handbook - I cant remember what year they stopped it 2010 ish

The interval on service is 1 year or 12k

s

2 years? No wonder Renault are doing the 4 years servicing deal, they only need to service it twice!

There is no Service book any more-

Its all part of the handbook - I cant remember what year they stopped it 2010 ish

The interval on service is 1 year or 12k

s

Yep, as Steve says part of the handbook now. Stamps should be in there, any warranty work etc held by Renault on DB.

Although I think when you buy one new it's 12k mikes or 2 years for first service. That's what I have been told.

Mine is 2 years old in June and only on 6k miles... I have been told by Renault it only needs a service then (so 2 years)

there is no "first service" as such

its 12000mile or 2yrs which ever comes first from new...