Clio 200 Engine Value??

fmp

Platinum Member
Hey all

Anyone got an idea of what a low milage (16k ish) Clio 200 engine is worth. Complete with all parts etc?

I would of thought somewhere around £5-600??

Let me know your thoughts!

Hey all

Anyone got an idea of what a low milage (16k ish) Clio 200 engine is worth. Complete with all parts etc?

I would of thought somewhere around £5-600??

Let me know your thoughts!

i would have thought more to be honest...

well in the past, selling something like a JDM Impreza lump has always gone for good money as loads of people buy them to tune/modify.

Whereas I am not sure if people are even doing that to Clio engines yet?!

Just trying to gauge a ball park figure :smile:

well in the past, selling something like a JDM Impreza lump has always gone for good money as loads of people buy them to tune/modify.

Whereas I am not sure if people are even doing that to Clio engines yet?!

Just trying to gauge a ball park figure :smile:

its like most things these days its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

for me if my situation was different i quite fancy getting a 197/200 engine and fitting a few sweet internal goodies

better pistons
forged rods & bolts
balanced & lightend
head re-worked
slightly hotter cams

and build it myself :thumbup:

its like most things these days its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

for me if my situation was different i quite fancy getting a 197/200 engine and fitting a few sweet internal goodies

better pistons
forged rods & bolts
balanced & lightend
head re-worked
slightly hotter cams

and build it myself :thumbup:

Oooh keep talking dirty! :001_tt1:

Slightly OT but I'd love to put one in my 172 :smile:

On topic (but irrelevant), if you were looking to sell it down here you'd probably get alot more for it!

I think the problem with the Clio engines is they only really sell to people who have had engine failures, and the Mk3 clios arent into "belt failing" terratory yet.

If someone was looking to purchase a Renault lump as an upgrade, they would hold out for a Megane turbo engine rather than a Clios.

It would be a really good mod for a 172/182 if it would fit with the 200s gear box. Well assuming it would not be millions to fit.

It would by geared down by about 6% too so the torque to weight in each gear would be around 20% more than a 200s so it would be FAST!!!