Clio 200 braking issues

Right so noticed this really recently, not ideal as I’m off to the ring in 4 weeks.

Really hard to explain but hoping someone’s had the same issue, if I brake heavily from say 80/90, the initial bite is ok but then it almost feels like it coming off the brakes and something is blocking it and I can kinda feel through the pedal and will not brake to its full potential. I’d say plenty of life left in them (brembo hc and ds2500) but haven’t had chance to take a closer look but I get the feeling I won’t be able to see much as 50/60mph it brakes really well. May have to get it booked in somewhere before I go unless anyone has any ideas? Thanks In advance :smile:

Ditch the ds2500 pads. I had similar issues with that setup on track and lost all confidence in the pad. It left deposits and felt woolly after initial bite. Changed pads and not looked back

Reactions: suj
Have you changed your fluid recently and know they are all bled properly? I would do that before ditching the pads as most people can't get enough of the ferodos (I like them a lot, but I also like yellow stuff which feel like ds2500s after the initial bite but consistently so)

Rebuild the pistons in the calipers and check the free movement of the pads the other thing to try is if you have been messing around with brake pad compounds you can contaminate the brake disc surface we have had problems with superbike brake discs in the past and certain pad materials it was only fixed by refacing the discs to fresh metal not a disc truing reface but more than sanding and brake cleaner.

Hi guys thanks for the replies.
After taking another look they are actually ds1.11’s not ds2500’s so now I think about it maybe the issue is when the pads aren’t hot enough? I didn’t take them out that can wait until the weekend once I’m home as I wasn’t sure if the pins were gonna play ball. Fluid is a couple of years old but didn’t do much mileage last year, ATE fluid I believe

Try RBF600/660 fluid maybe! Be good to know it's all fresh and bled for when you're at the ring i suppose!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The DS1.11 pads on my Meglio, stop on a sixpence, even from stone cold, and are fantastic on track, allowing me to brake later, than a lot of cars. I have found cadence braking is a No no with these pads, you need to get on, and get off the brakes as quick as possible. I ran CL5 before these, and never had a problem with them, but for me, its DS1.11.

Well my investigation didn’t get very far after not having the right size Allen key to remove the calliper but tbh I’m assuming these are shot anyway? Tbh I could have looked past the issue as I’ll only be doing 3 or 4 laps of the ring and they perform well when hot but am I best off just chucking some new ones on there? 3dda9980ab8c1db92b655b3e1d4464ef.jpgd5d71d76b08f737e1f6d62c09631e1fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like there's loads left on there.

I'm having similar issues with mine. But I've got brake judder too.
All the recommendations I've had so far is to clean the sliding faces where the pads moves.

Thanks mate yeah I’m gonna try that, had a few people say now that they look completely normal but as I’m off to the ring in 3 weeks I was just gonna change them but seems it’ll be a waste of money. I’ve also been told a few times to strip and clean them and should be fine from there

Strip them, clean the face of the hub and the back of the disc, and then try bedding them in again

Will get on that tomorrow if it doesn’t rain haha! Or is it worth waiting and ordering some replacement calliper pins in case I can’t get them out?

Having pins on hand would be my recommendation unles you know for certain they’ve been out in the last 6-12 months