Clio 197 Stalk Adapter (Cabasse To Alpine)

luke197

Platinum Member
Hi Everyone,

I’ve recently brought a Clio 197 (yet to get some pictures up on here) and I’m looking at putting a new stereo in it.

It came with a Cabasse stereo, with the cd changer in the dash and the amp under the driver’s seat. I’ve changed all the wiring around, it was all just extended from behind the dash, just the steering controls and display now.

I’m planning on putting an Alpine iDA-X305S, I'm not to bothered about the screen working to much, more the steering controls.

Has anyone managed to do this, or got any links to the correct adapters?

I’ve had a quick search around but it looks like most people went with the AUX adapter route.

Thanks Luke :smile:

Hi Luke, see my thread where I asked the same questions a little while back; finally got round to completing mine at the weekend. All the stalk controls work and the display up the top just shows the time and temp now with it saying 'Renault' where it used to show the track no. or radio station.
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13528

This is where I got my stalk adaptor (you need CTSRN005) from when I got my stereo and other bits from them (you will notice you can add a 'patch' to the basket depending on the stereo manufacturer. Im not sure whether you will need this, but I did with my Kenwood Stereo)
http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...megane-modus-scenic-stalk-control-p-9094.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Josh, I’ve ordered most of the stuff i need really. Just started taking the old Caasse out, what did you do with the lead that’s for the display and stalk controls. I’m just thinking about coiling it up behind the dash to connect to the adapter, because it’s got the two plugs on it.

Cheers Luke

Thanks for the info Josh, I’ve ordered most of the stuff i need really. Just started taking the old Caasse out, what did you do with the lead that’s for the display and stalk controls. I’m just thinking about coiling it up behind the dash to connect to the adapter, because it’s got the two plugs on it.

Cheers Luke

Any wires that were left over/not being used I just taped up and chucked behind the stereo (theres quite a bit of space to the left hand side near the glove box) :smile:

Thanks Guys, got it all sorted. I took the extra loom out when i extended the aerial.

Hopefully have it all sorted in the next few days. I take it there’s no way to stop Renault coming up on the display, would prefer it just to have the time and temp.

I couldn't work out any way to stop it saying Renault, you get used to it but just have to put up with people asking why your car is telling you its a renault lol

Hello from Croatia. I need help about adapters for steering wheel and display. My car is 12/2007 year and it has cabasse cd changer 6cd. I bought Alpine cde 178bt and APF-D102RE adapter but it dont work at all. Nothing :worried:

Which adaper do i need for my setup? Under the seat i do have a red long connector, litle yellow with 2 wires on it and blue connector One iso for power and one for speakers. I found that behind cabbase cd changer there is one litle yellow connector like one under the seat, just it has a little more whires on it. And i found power cable also. We try to connect this cable with wires under the seat and with wires behind cd changer but stil nothing. I have contact the man in Alpine support and he sad that this adapter is not for my stereo. He still wait for right answer of Alpine which adapter is for my wehicle. He sad to me that thera are and D103, D104 and so on. My friend on Renault forum Croatia sad that he was using alpine apf-s 103re and with this adapter he had everything working fine, but i am not sure if he has cabbase cd changer.

So my question for those who solve this problem is which adapter i need to work my steering wheel comand? And display if its possible...?

In some of my tests i discover that the red jack under the seat ( 5 green cable and 2 more different colour ) is the jack for display and command behind the wheel, because when i unplug this jack the serial radio works but display not and steering wheel comand are not working.

So i think that i need some adapters which have this jack for that red connector or am i wrong?