Clio 197 leak

Hi, i am new here, so please accept my apology if posting into wrong section. Bought clio 197 a week ago, had an engine oil changed along with filter and sump plug washer. Today i discovered oil leak from square hole where engine is connected with gearbox, could you please give me some info about this problem, what is the repair cost, have I done something wrong ? I did open it couple of times ( not on cold engine though ) Much appreciated. Thank you. Regards JJ ... completely gutted ...

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2080.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
My Advice would be to clean the area and see if it re-appears, also keep an eye on your oil levels for it dropping.

Sometimes when mechanics change the oil they sometimes miss the hole, so oil ends up going over the top of the engine and eventually works its way down the sides and drips from the bottom. So it might not be an actual leak you see.

If it is a leak, then from that area your looking at crank seals or the gearbox leaking maybe. Hard to tell.

don't discount brake fluid either from the clutch slave cylinder - make sure the level is correct - brake fluid feeds the clutch

ps - sump plug looks well chewed up!!!!