Clio 197 Headlight

Hi All,

just bought a clio 197.

It seems to have project lights and also the washers on the bumper.

The dipped beam bulbs are really bad and they need replacing.. does anyone know where i can get them from?

Reactions: Susanadele
Any help on this?

My headlights have the projector look with cornering light function and also light washers

Does this mean that a H1 bulb will fit the dipped beam?

Both lights are so dim that my fog lights are brighter

Any suggestions much appreciated

It appears that you have the factory fit Xenons therefore will need D2S bulbs

Thank you, is this a bumper off job?

It just seems unusual for both lights to be very dim at the same time?

I believe it is as the Xenon units are bigger from the back than the rest and there isn't much room to get your hands in. If they are the original bulbs it makes sense as Xenon bulbs fade over time, but you are right it could be a different problem too, perhaps someone more experienced can give their opinion?

Reactions: Adam_C
Thank you for your help DS I just want to make sure I am attacking the right thing as 1 bulb looks like its going to cost about £90

Thanks DS, saved me some money there!! Looks like ill need the D2S Bulbs then. ill ring a local shop up first to see if he can do them cheap.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: DS197
If your changing D2S Bulbs buy 2 of them because mixing them they never match, I had a 172 with xenon lights and in 12 years only changed them when one bulb went. I rushed out and bought a replacement but it never matched the other so I tracked down the original Philips 4800K (white light) bulbs for about £80. The higher the K rating the more blue the light ( I like white light and car wheels should be silver) I remember the guys at the dealers when I bought the car said the bulbs at that time were £126 each. But the bulbs never faded over time (30 - 202,000 miles) you need to see what lights you have first projectors or xenons the xenons take a few seconds to brighten up when turned on and you can see the auto level lift them as the car is started also if the car stalls or you turn them off and on quickly my 172 had a habit of turning on one then the other the next time until they cooled for 20 seconds which was fun at mot time so the government centres here ask in a certain order full beam first so I used the flasher, then dip so I turned them on (xenon was the dip beam) then they asked for full beam again for level test and that was that, I had to appeal one time for a fail the guy said at night driving and you turned the lights off and they did not relight was dangerous to which I replied I had full beam and if you turned your lights off you disserved to crash the test centre manager allowed it to pass. After that I disabled auto headlights entering the mot centre and booked during daylight hours to make sure the bulbs were not hot before entering the test lane.

Reactions: Adam_C and DS197
Ok, so i got 2 bulbs yesterday for the car (D2S Bulbs) changed them both at the same time, one is working fine and the other one not so good, so will have to take the bumper off again on the weekend and give them a good clean as it must not be getting a good connection.

Try swapping the bulbs out just to make sure you're weren't unlucky and got a dodgy one

Ill give it a try DS, the one that was working the ignitor was actually slightly melted and corroded so we cleaned it up.

Will have to ahve a proper look on weekend as time was pushing on last night, was getting dark and i needed the car again today.