Clio 197 - DUMP VALVE

I prefer the sound of a Wastegate to a BOV, my former flat mate used to have a 200sx with a T28 roller bearing turbo on it with a welded diff. The chatter it made when changing gear was mmmmmm

the turbo chatter meens its wrong then? and the valve isnt working properly?

The chirping chatter in the middle link thats similar to what his 200sx sounded like :smile:

The welded diff was a little impractical on a daily basis (when reversing and turning you could hear the outside wheel skipping)

I prefer the sound of a Wastegate to a BOV, my former flat mate used to have a 200sx with a T28 roller bearing turbo on it with a welded diff. The chatter it made when changing gear was mmmmmm

Again not quite right, the noise you are referring to is turbo flutter due to the air passing back over the compressor blades when the throttle body is shut. effectively stalling the compressor, there is much debate as to whether this is damaging to turbo life, These are basically the same reasons why WRC cars make the flutter noise when changing gear.

Wastegate chatter happens sometimes during partial boost conditions when the spring pressure in the actuator is nearly reached under partial throttle and this can cause rapid opening and closing of the wastegate, producing a slightly different noise.

I thought that turbo flutter was wastegate chatter for a long time until i read up on it, so i thought id drop my knowledge :smile: