Clio 197 - DUMP VALVE

Bailey DV26 . Twin piston .

I HATE IT.

Sounds like a fly doing a fart in a bean can .

LOL!

with dump valves i have always found the best ones by far are the recirculatory ones.

dumping the air back into the inlet to the throttle body reduces pick up speed when th revs drop changing up gears etc.

thus making you go mega fast in it!

never owned a turbocharged car, so dont know what all the different ones are called or the difference, but my fav has got to be the ones they used to put on the rally cars, rather than the loud "psst" noise it was more of a flutter noise. Cool as.

PS. Anyone seen the Pot Noodle GTi advert?? Leg-end!!

well reason im asking.... Nimmo who is on another forum flew passed me today... his clearly had something on it that gave it that "tssss" sound...n which made me wonder.. what the f**k

yeah prob just a sounder mate. not the real thing. dumpvalve = wastegate

releases excess pressure build up on gear changes from the turbo so boost isnt always on.

**** that for a waste of money! ha..

i'm ordering a diffuser by the way from streamline... managed to get one!

There's a place up here called C and C, they offered to fit it for 50 quid.. I'm sure streamline were 125..

dumpvalve = wastegate

releases excess pressure build up on gear changes from the turbo so boost isnt always on.

not quite, a wastegate releases excess exhaust gases from the turbine side when the desired boost pressure has been reached to ensure the turbo doesnt keep compressing the air and boost higher than you want it to.

a dump valve/recirc valve releases pressure from the compressor side that becomes trapped in the pipework when the throttle body shuts, otherwise air will travel back over the compressor blades causing the turbo to stall and hence take longer to spool up after a gear change. This also makes the flutter noise or 'pigeon dump' that people often attribute to the wastegate.

Back on topic the dump valve listed is only for the 1.2 turbo mk3 as although in theory you could fit it to a n/a car it really wouldnt do anything apart from possibly be an air leak.

hope this helps:smile:

not quite, a wastegate releases excess exhaust gases from the turbine side when the desired boost pressure has been reached to ensure the turbo doesnt keep compressing the air and boost higher than you want it to.

a dump valve/recirc valve releases pressure from the compressor side that becomes trapped in the pipework when the throttle body shuts, otherwise air will travel back over the compressor blades causing the turbo to stall and hence take longer to spool up after a gear change. This also makes the flutter noise or 'pigeon dump' that people often attribute to the wastegate.

Good answer :smile:

And if you want to be really pedantic "dump valve" is a n00b term, its actually an Atmospheric Blow Off Valve (BOV)

A proper dump valve is actually something you find in your ABS system :wiz:

Thank the lord!!!

i have finally found found a forum with mechanically minded intelligent people!!!!!!

its only taken about 6 years!!!!!

think ill be staying on this one.