Cleaning R27 graphics

i know it's been mentioned many times but just in case anyone is wondering how to get the hite spots that appear on the graphics (no the roof ones supprisingly)

Auto Glym Glass cleaner and a bit of elbow grease. then waxover as you would your paintwork.

brings them up like new, i've been using this since 2 weeks after i bought the car nearly two years ago and it's had no effect on the graphics whatsoever i.e peeling fading etc. they do come back after time but you just have to clean them again.

hope this is useful just in case your thining of getting your dealer to replace them.

Max

So the way to clean them off is with:

http://www.oilsandsprays.com/wurth-brake-cleaner-500ml-5-p.asp

I did a small test first on 1 mark (sprayed cloth and wiped the mark off), worked perfect. So I then sprayed the whole sticker and wiped all the marks straight off with a non-lint cloth.

My guess is that the stickers are getting some sort of oily residue on them from the roads, diesel perhaps?? And its missing the roof stickers and just getting the lower ones.... oddness

HTH

So the way to clean them off is with:

http://www.oilsandsprays.com/wurth-brake-cleaner-500ml-5-p.asp

I did a small test first on 1 mark (sprayed cloth and wiped the mark off), worked perfect. So I then sprayed the whole sticker and wiped all the marks straight off with a non-lint cloth.

My guess is that the stickers are getting some sort of oily residue on them from the roads, diesel perhaps?? And its missing the roof stickers and just getting the lower ones.... oddness

HTH

Does this prevent it from coming back?

I would suggest you speak to David at Chemical Guys (07515521590) or Dom at dodo Juice (01494 464781) who will have something in their product range to help you out - both are excellent guys, full of knowledge and extremely helpful.

I would suggest you speak to David at Chemical Guys (07515521590) or Dom at dodo Juice (01494 464781) who will have something in their product range to help you out - both are excellent guys, full of knowledge and extremely helpful.

Thanks for the contacts mate, i did have a chat to Clark at Polished Bliss about them..

Yeah, they do come back, so can only assume that its something coming off the car that I have driven through....??

At least I have a stress way of getting rid of them!

Oh, I'm going to try some 'rain-x' on them and also will try my two part 'zaino' on them see if it helps.

Will report back...

Mike.

Any cleaner will do the job - I use Megs APC.

I wouldn't recommend using a wax though, as they tend to induce water spotting and attract dirt. You're better off with a spray sealant of some form, like Zaino Z8.

I have just used megs last touch detailer, brings all the marks off for a few weeks. Would be good to have something longer lasting tho

I use Meguiars no.39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner with a tooth brush. does the job perfectly. Then slap some wax/sealant on. No more white marks :smile:

Any cleaner will do the job - I use Megs APC.

I wouldn't recommend using a wax though, as they tend to induce water spotting and attract dirt. You're better off with a spray sealant of some form, like Zaino Z8.

whats Zaino Z8 Russ.?
i don't really go in for the whole detailing lark so I'm not sure what a sealant is or what it does, i do keep it clean but i use what they sell at Halfords/ Asda.

whats Zaino Z8 Russ.?
i don't really go in for the whole detailing lark so I'm not sure what a sealant is or what it does, i do keep it clean but i use what they sell at Halfords/ Asda.

Zaino Z8 is a spray sealant which will protect your car from the elements and gives you an easier finish to maintain. Never used the stuff as I'm a Jeffs Acrylic Trigger guy (much the same thing) but apparently Z8 is very good indeed. Worth the extra money only if you are willing to prep the car well - i.e wash, clay, wash, polish etc etc.

Similar Thread Suggestions