cleaning inside of alloy

I've left it too long inbetween washes of cleaning the inside of my alloys and I can't get all the grime off, what's the best way to make them nice and clean on the inside?

I have the same problem, mine are really bad on the inside now. Could do with taking them off and having them stripped and repainted again.

I've tried taking wheels off and using autoglym alloy cleaners, but just brought some meguiras, tried using a strong brush and me brishing frantically but still not budging the grime lol!

Try Autosmart Tardis (at least I think it's still called that), clay them or there's also a product called iron x which looks to be very good indeed and seems to be alloy friendly too.

If the dirt is really stuck on you could try wonder wheels, this is definitely not something to use reguarly though as its acidic.

I do the same as BenW. I use wonderwheels if things are really bad, bilberry undiluted for slightly less build-up and diluted bilberry for regular cleans.

For really bad wheels I would use:

Autosmart Smart wheels
AS Fallout remover
AS Tardis
Clay

Then polish and wax/seal etc

Fallout remover is for the iron residue etc. Clay only shears off the top layer but it still remains. It's not really an important step.

If anyone is in gloucestershire I have all these bits available. I bought them in 5L bottles so have plenty for at least 2 years. lol

Do you think it would work well on some stubborn brake dust I have from my CL pads (Carbon metallic)?

Similar Thread Suggestions