Citreon VTS 16v conversion ...

what you touching them things for Leigh?

Lol. I just purchased a wee little project with my bro-in-law, and just needed a few things sorting.

It's a Citreon AX GT with a cammed VTS unit conversion, but the best bit is that it's been stripped to with an inch of its life, and weighs only 670kgs. It hung onto the 200's back end without too much trouble (2 up) petty scary to drive!

Trouble being, the speedo is not working, and it's bugging the life out of me!

sounds like fun mate !! is it just the speedo or the whole unit not working?

It's just the speedo, mate. The rev counter/ fuel gauge etc is working. I'm completely stumped!

It's going to be a fun sleeper. It's getting steelie wheels, replacing all original badges to 1.1 badges, and possibly going Matt Black.

Helped a few of my mates during VTS conversions, adding the return fuel line etc, is the only problem the speedo not working?

are speedos on these cars by mechanical cable, there was a big blue mechanical on my old J reg 106 that astop working when i didnt put it back in when refitting.

are speedos on these cars by mechanical cable, there was a big blue mechanical on my old J reg 106 that astop working when i didnt put it back in when refitting.

As far as i'm aware it's a mechanical cable? I'll have to have a closer look later this afternoon.

Thanks for all the replys so far.

Hello, I have experience with these engines and cars. If the conversion has been carried out right all the clocks and every thing should be working correctly.

It sounds like something isn't connected up, where are you based?

If your anywhere in Yorkshire I would recommend going to see Ricky p rpm.

If you can't get to him I would try ring him as it could be down to something very simple like I mentioned.

His web site has his phone number on; www.rickyp-rpm.co.uk

I hole this helps.

I'd give him a ring, he know these cars very well and has helped out no end with my old vts. It's worth a try.

The speedo cable is in two sections on these cars if memory serves right, You will prob find it is one of them that has snapped. Easy repair.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Clio General Chat 52
D Other Marques 11
Mike Other Marques 3