Chettles GW 197 Cup

Thought id start a lil thread so i can keep tracks with how shes getting along!

This is how she was (and still is pretty much..!)

IMAG0537.jpg

2008 Glacier White Cup with Recaros + AC on 64k

First job, was to get rid of the standard headunit for an Alpine CDE 136-BT with parrot bluetooth & DAB Radio

Within a week, 1 HID decided it didnt like playing anymore, so swapped back to normal halogen bulbs, they were crap, but they did a job... but still wasnt exactly a happy boy!

After Xmas she was booked in with Diamond Motors for a belts change, service and fitted a few new goodies at the same time... Couldnt have been happier with the job Mick did!

IMAG0634.jpg

That takes me upto about 3weeks ago... lol

DSC_0829.jpg

Got slightly bored the other night and decided to get a few other bits ordered...

IMAG0710.jpg
IMAG0711.jpg

and... some of these :bash:

gog8c4hj8e3m8u4yox0.jpg

Have some new night brakers to be fitted with them.

I also ordered a RenaultSport steering wheel insert while i was at it...

Gonna get some new tyres ordered this/next week, but desperately trying to get the "essentials" sorted before I get her on track, but redundancy is keeping things at a much slower pace than i wanted

Thanks for reading! Ill try and keep all my updates in here in future :smile:

Looks fantastic mate! Unfortunate about redundancy! :worried:

Where was the frosty pic taken? Looks quite decent :wink:

Cheers dude, redundancy was a blessing in disguise.... even if im still outta work! lol

Pic was taken at Stoneyford Lodge, careful if u go down there though cuz the road is horrific!

Last edited:
Cheers guys!

Ive got these to go in...
IMAG0714.jpg

Also ordered some new door rubbers as my passenger side has split! Cheap enough from Karl though!

Looks good buddy, I might be abit bias as mine looks the same :smiley:

What did you need to fit the headunit? A link would be great

Daniel

Last edited:
IMAG0724_zps109395bc.jpg

Couple of boxes turned up today thanks to Karl!! :smiley:

2 new door seals, steering wheel decal and my projectors :smiley:

Should have some updated pics by the weekend!

Do you mean the seals for the front edge of rear window? what price were they if you don't mind me asking?

Managed to get a bit of time today to have a bit of a play...

IMAG0729_zps7c2977dd.jpg
IMAG0730_zpsff88261a.jpg

Was starting to get a little worried seeing her like that...

IMAG0733_zps5bd745c8.jpg
IMAG0732_zps6da86199.jpg
IMAG0736_zpsfc62190b.jpg

REALLY happy with the difference, pretty easy job if u take ur time!

chettle the lights look fantastic,totally freshen up the front end...can you post me a list of things i'd need to convert my standard lights,sorry i'm clueless with projectors,HID's and all that

i'm guessing the actual headlights are called projectors so i'd need a set of them from karl?....then would i only need some new bulbs?

love the way the black in the headlights flows with the front grilles,i have virtually the same car btw hence the interest...

Cheers guys

The nightbrakers are brilliant, but my old headlamps werent in great condition so its not a completely fair comparison, but for £11 a set, bargain IMO!

I ordered....

Projector headlamps - 7701061073 and 7701061074 (Left and Right)
H7 bulb - Night breaker
H1 bulb - Night breaker
H7 bulb - The projectors have cornering lights, so these are just for blanks
Silver indicator bulbs

I got the bulbs from Amazon, and the projectors from Karl himself

You will need to take the headlight adjustor motor off the old headlight and just clip it into the new one, its fairly simple if you unscrew it out a little.

Last edited:
Cheers guys

The nightbrakers are brilliant, but my old headlamps werent in great condition so its not a completely fair comparison, but for £11 a set, bargain IMO!

I ordered....

Projector headlamps - 7701061073 and 7701061074 (Left and Right)
H7 bulb - Night breaker
H1 bulb - Night breaker
H7 bulb - The projectors have cornering lights, so these are just for blanks
Silver indicator bulbs

I got the bulbs from Amazon, and the projectors from Karl himself

You will need to take the headlight adjustor motor off the old headlight and just clip it into the new one, its fairly simple if you unscrew it out a little.

Cheers for that mate,looks like another thing on my list of wanted mods

What's the benefits of projectors then apart from the obvious cosmetic improvement?....Just wondering as they seem to use the same bulbs as standard lights

Last edited: