Cheque books.

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
Who has these anymore?

I had to send £38 to the DVLA last week for my digital tacograph card, only way to pay is by cheque or postal order, no cheque book so postal order it is.

Cost me £42.70 to send £38, ferkin rip off britain strikes again.

Today needed to send £25 to the DVLA for a log book (V5) and same again, cheque or postal order.

There should be some way to pay electronically surely, pay on the DVLA site and get a reference number or something, or pay into an account at the postoffice and have them give you a reciept, post office must make a mint at this.

At one time if you wanted say £28 in postal orders you had say a £20 a £5 and 3 £1 vouchers and the cost was sort of understandable but now the post office just give you a post office cheque, one single piece of paper.

:@:chair: sorry rant over.

In the end my mum asked a neighbour and sorted it, great mums are'nt they?

Know what you mean I had to send 2 cheques to open two ISA and they wanted cheques with a £1 on them to open but I haven't had a cheque book in years lol

I still have one somewhere, it's used purely for things like paying awkward tw@ts such as the DVLA. :smiley:

ive got a cheque book and use it all the time, especially to pay the school for trips and stuff. saves sending a 10yr old to school with money(and it pisses the school off, so bonus)

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rogue General Chat 7
200cup General Chat 1
Andy Latest Technology 24
Liambo-201 General Chat 2