Check your Wheel Bolts if you have 20mm Spacers.

Bolts on Spacers

The wheel Bolts on the spacers would be ok if you used locktight.

i brought some spacers for the clio h and r ones

opened the box and then decided not to fit them

they bolted to the hub and then you bolted to them to the wheel ?

Problem being you cant check the spacer is tight without talking wheel of on track days and such like .

id love it wider as even on 8j it looks narrow . But running spacers is something i would only consider when running studs nut conversion

Might have been mentioned but if I've missed it, iirc tighten to 110nm sure it says that in handbook

clio wheel bolts are depending on where you look either 130nm or 140nm

"too tight" says who - the man in the street...renault know how tight they need to be!

as for lock tight to hold/fasten bolts - whats wrong with that!!! used extensively in the motor vehicle engineering trade :coffee:

This thread is nuts haha

Try to avoid using loctite thread lock on wheel bolts, should not be required due to the bolt pre-load being so high and is more likely to be a real pain next time you need a wheel off

Could the hub threads of been drilled and helicoiled to save money??

Have to agree with others: sounds like an over or under torqued situation -otherwise we'd be seeing this happening to others on standard OEM setup!

This thread is nuts haha

Try to avoid using loctite thread lock on wheel bolts, should not be required due to the bolt pre-load being so high and is more likely to be a real pain next time you need a wheel off

lock tight not for the wheel bolts its the bolts for the spacers...

Wheel bolts. I found out what and why I had the issue.

I have now worked out why I had the issue. The bolts I ordered had threads 20mm longer. But the problem was the taper on these bolts was in the form of a washer that was loose from the bolt. The taper washer was 10mm long. When fitted to the bolt the thread was now only 10mm longer.

I missed spotting this difference when fitting them.

They sound like wobble bolts or compliance bolts.

Used for fitting wheels with slightly different PCD's

Alfa's have a 4x98 (mm) stud pattern but you can fit 4x100 (mm) wheels from say a golf or renault with these type of bolts.