Check tyre pressures

The tyre pressure will always be less when cold. Thats why you should run slightly lower pressures on track days cos as the trye temp increases so does the air inside the tyre and subsequently the pressure. Really wouldnt worry about it unless the message annoys that much!

The tyre pressure will always be less when cold. Thats why you should run slightly lower pressures on track days cos as the trye temp increases so does the air inside the tyre and subsequently the pressure. Really wouldnt worry about it unless the message annoys that much!

are you sure mate,i watched an old 5th gear on tv the other day and tiff needall was giving tips on setting road cars up for trackdays,he was in a audi S3 and he said to increase the tyre pressures by 5-6psi,wish i'd known this before a recent track day

are you sure mate,i watched an old 5th gear on tv the other day and tiff needall was giving tips on setting road cars up for trackdays,he was in a audi S3 and he said to increase the tyre pressures by 5-6psi,wish i'd known this before a recent track day

Do not increase your pressures, I think you might of heard TN wrong or he meant they can increase 5-6 psi.

Set them to around 28psi cold, after your first session or 5 mins when the tyres are warm set them to around 30psi.

30psi hot - if you want to be slow!!!

Or you're doing Britcar, but for short runs I'd run them a little higher 36 front 40 rear to get some temperature in them nice and early.