Check emissions light on

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can help, my 197 cup threw the check emissions warning light on today, car wasnt running right so not sure if it had gone into some kind of limp mode?

I have homestart cover with the AA so decided to call them out to read the fault via their diagnostic tool. Typically when they arrived the warning light had gone off but once the reader was plugged in, it showed 'P0010 intake A bank 1 camshaft sensor'.

Can anyone tell me if this is something I can fix myself? Is it definately the camshaft sensor as the AA guy said it could be a lambda sensor pre cat.

Ive used the search facility and that hasnt really answered anything and google seach just shows that it could be either a cam timing or vvt fault.

Hopefully someone can confirm what it is and how I can fix it

Thanks
Rich

are you sure the aa man knew what he was talking about....

it gives p0010 but he thinks its the lambda sensor - why isnt it a lambda code fault then :clap:

that code points to the vvt system - an oil control valve used to alter the cam phasing on the engine...

first step is to check all the connections and make sure they are ok - the vvt control valve is near to no1 spark plug

Thanks for the response mate -what exactly am I looking for, just checking connections etc?

If they are all ok, what then?

Nothing appears loose mate - no fault light appearing but does seem low on power! and doesnt rev as it should?

Nothing appears loose mate - no fault light appearing but does seem low on power! and doesnt rev as it should?

need it plugged in to see if theres any fault codes stored

if one of the sensors is faulty it could be using a substitute value from the ecu...

vvt control valve could also be faulty!

All sorted, whilst the cambelt was changed yesterday, Cardiff Renault diagnosed a faulty camshaft sensor - got myself a new one at GSF for £35 and just fitted it. Car is sweet as a nut again and pulling like a train