Check Emissions light after fitting V6 airbox

by the sounds of it its not a case of clearing a fault its still got one - needs to see what fault is logged and then go from there really...

If the fault is stored in the memory, is'nt this still there until cleared even if the, lets say it was something unplugged but now plugged in so fault not there anymore but fault still logged?

Or does it clear the fault once the offending item is plugged back in?

On an old diesel alfa of mine, if you hit 4.5k revs an EGR fault made the engine light come on and go into limp mode, turning off the car and back on allowed the car to get full power again but the engine light was still lit until i plugged this machine in and cleared the fault.

If the fault is stored in the memory, is'nt this still there until cleared even if the, lets say it was something unplugged but now plugged in so fault not there anymore but fault still logged?

Or does it clear the fault once the offending item is plugged back in?

On an old diesel alfa of mine, if you hit 4.5k revs an EGR fault made the engine light come on and go into limp mode, turning off the car and back on allowed the car to get full power again but the engine light was still lit until i plugged this machine in and cleared the fault.

ecu will store fault codes UNTIL they are cleared

faults codes will also be logged even after the fault has gone or been repaired if the ecu isnt accessed to clear faults

as for the full protocol for the eml light staying on is a sign a fault is still present

Right, there's a bit of waffle going on here so I'll attempt to clarify:

A trouble code stored in the UCE/UCH etc etc, is either:

-Pending, the problem is still there, denoted by a P after the code.

or

-Stored, the problem is no longer there but the code is stored to help fault diagnosis.

The MIL light will often stay illuminated, even when a code is NOT pending.

My advice, if the car is running fine then see about getting the trouble code(s) read by anyone with an OBDII reader or even get one. Or, if it's less hassle, revert back to the original set up. But this may not make the MIL light go out.

I'd guess its the disconnection of the secondary inlet valve thats brought it up.
If you havn't had time to fix it by next weekend I'll bring my reader and connect it to my Samsung.
Recently done it with mine, was the Lamba sensor bringing up the fault ;/

right a bit more waffle!!!!!!!

i tested mine...

checked ecu - no fault codes stored

removed secondary inlet solenoid multi-plug and went for a drive

from cold until hot for about 6miles of mixed driving - redlined 2-3 times and also cruising and 30mph urban crawl

NO WARNING LIGHTS

re-checked ecu and no faults stored/recorded/pending

if i was being picky i would say it was slightly more hesitent when cold but apart from that could not tell any difference...

Last edited:
I've ordered a obd2 code reader thing, but think I'll just revert to the std setup for now. Tbh the noise was better before anyway.

Looking to do something around march time so would need existing setup so not to bothered.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and offers of help tho.

*Update*

Just been out for run and everything appears ok, warning lights are off and their is no error message.

I'll leave it as is until I get the obd scanner and have a look at what that says.

In anticipation of reverting to std I purchased some silicone hoses so looks like they could end up gathering dust. Lol

Don't forget how long it took some cars to settle after changing the TB mate, might be fine in a few days.

Mine worked straight from the off but as we all know these cars have a mind of their own and no two are the same. :smile:

With faults on a renault regardless of wether its stored or not once the fault is rectified the light will go out and it will run properly, yes the fault will store in the computer wether it be uch, ecu, ect but only as reference so be careful when plugging in as old faults will show but could be from a while ago.

With faults on a renault regardless of wether its stored or not once the fault is rectified the light will go out and it will run properly, yes the fault will store in the computer wether it be uch, ecu, ect but only as reference so be careful when plugging in as old faults will show but could be from a while ago.

Cheers Ste :thumbsup:

Too much misleading information in here. I give up.

27576624.jpg

Too much misleading information in here. I give up.

27576624.jpg

Lol.. Its all sorted now, car settled itself, engine lights have gone out and its running peachy, it does seem to pull harder but that could be the increase in noise.

It ran lumpy and sounded quite raspy for a few days, I guess the ecu was saying "****, where did all this air come from?"