Check Emissions & Engine Light

Hey guys,

The other day the 'Service Due' light came on at 46560k and I thought it was a bit strange. I looked up how to turn it off and followed the steps but nothing would turn it off. So I left it.

Today, the Engine light came on and the 'Check Emissions' warning displayed too. On the drive home I noticed a certain lack of power too, although that could be just me or 197 having an off day.

Anyone any experience with the Emission Light? Will drop it in tomorrow to get looked but anything I should be worried about?

Cheers!

I had it once it stayed on for 60 mins and went out and hasn't come back. I've heard it's the lambda sensor playing up, mine was triggered after being in traffic for an hour.

Reactions: seeka
Just had it down the mechanics and it came up as a timing belt issue, so I guess it and the water pump needs replacing (46k)

Should I go OEM or is spurious ok?

Just had it down the mechanics and it came up as a timing belt issue, so I guess it and the water pump needs replacing (46k)

Should I go OEM or is spurious ok?

OEM parts, don't scrimp on the belts job, it's a critical service item. Are the belts actually due then? Does sound odd that this is related to check emissions... Trustworthy garage??

OEM parts, don't scrimp on the belts job, it's a critical service item. Are the belts actually due then? Does sound odd that this is related to check emissions... Trustworthy garage??
Going with OEM parts. The car is 07 with 46k on the clock so either way I'd the belt change is well due. He won't know fully until he gets stuck in to it if there's anything else wrong but the only fault appearing on the comp was the belt. Very trustworthy garage. Fingers crossed the belt change sorts it.

As you say then car is due a belt change but I don't think your problem relates to emissions

Hope you get it sorted

Apparently the timing belt is missing a 'tooth' which I guess then the timing is adjusted to compensate. Will find out more later.

It was a jumped belt. New belt and water pump installed. Car back good as new. Wallet a good size smaller.

very lucky it didnt do any damage....not much clearance on the pistons/valves if it goes out of sync

Reactions: seeka