Charcoal/Carbon canister

I've read that these can cause a clicking noise on clio 172/182 near the front drivers wheel. Does anyone know if the 197 has this canister?

I've read that these can cause a clicking noise on clio 172/182 near the front drivers wheel. Does anyone know if the 197 has this canister?

it will do as its part of the evaporative emissions from cars (HC emissions) - think its at the rear near the fuel tank

does it sound like it spitting not clicking? like an unburned fuel spit?

I haven't had the chance to really locate where it's coming from but sounds like a clicking/ticking coming from near the front drivers side wheel. I'm just hoping it's not cambelt related

I haven't had the chance to really locate where it's coming from but sounds like a clicking/ticking coming from near the front drivers side wheel. I'm just hoping it's not cambelt related

or dephaser pulley :thumbdown:

Don't think it's that then, its just a clicking on idle. I can only hear it with the bonnet closed and i think it's coming from the bottom of the engine but it's not easy to say at the moment, will have to further investigate where it's coming from tomorrow

My charcoal canister drop off the catch and rub against the road which puncture the canister. Big part of the charcoal has fallen. I just temporary patch it. Should i replace it? Is it a critical part?

0fc64fb7bf300dac69b576624977f53c.jpg
6db0fa5c7dcff6ecb8044307eb8a91c2.jpg

part of evap system and emissions system so could if they wanted to get a bit funny on the mot about it...it could also cause starting issues as its used to vent fumes to and from the fuel tank