Changing lights from halogen to projector with cornering lights

Hi guys, I've now had my 200 for nearly two weeks and am pretty blown away by the performance and am really feeling the looks now!

Unfortunately the car came with the standard non projector style lights and I've been told by the dealer that it would cost potentially thousands to change due to configuring the ECU for the cornering lights...

Has anyone successfully changes their lights from the halogen to projector style on either a 197 or 200?

Hope you like the pictures of the car! Cheers.

Last edited:
Yes, I have on my 197, but the cornering feature doesn't work.

Cost me £250.

Hi Russ, did you just buy the replacement projector lights and have them fitted with the existing bulb from the halogen light? How do you get on without the cornering lights?

Any further info you can provide would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Ive swapped mine on the 197, straight fit. Will cost you £300 plus for the lights for the 200 at a guess.

You just literally plug them in as the bulbs come fitted in the housing.

Ive swapped mine on the 197, straight fit. Will cost you £300 plus for the lights for the 200 at a guess.

You just literally plug them in as the bulbs come fitted in the housing.

Awesome, I'll be alot happier with these as they look much better. Hopefully visability will be ok without the corner lights!

I've been in that! Last time the car was in I got a lift home in it. Handling seemed better than the 197, even though it was only being driven sedately.

Yeah handling is definately better, chassis is quite a bit stiffer, track is slightly wider and the steering as a result is more weighted.

Gutted about all this snow as I havn't been able to really test it!!

Seen another one in Trowbridge today and it was virtually the same i.e white with black wheels. Was at Yarnbrook roundabout so it might have been from the dealership?

Found out today that the bloke driving it used to own the R32 they now have on the forecourt. Hope he looks after it better than the VW as it had 3 kerbed wheels when I looked at it today!