Change the LED colour in my stop start button.

Okay so I am a bit bored of the Orange LED in my stop start button. Thinking of green or something different. Does anyone know whether you can change it because I took the button out and the led is in it. Don't really wanna pull it out I case it damages it. So has anyone done this before?

Is it just soldered in, if yes then you should be able to replace it with another with a soldering iron by melting the sold and using solder braided to remove the old solder then solder a new led in its place. Make sure you get it the right way round though as they only work with the electricity going through them in one direction. And make sure you're new led is the same rating as the old one, take it to maplins or somewhere like that. If you know what your doing a multimeter may be able to tell you what you need to know about the old led but I'm not sure on that, I'm not an electrician.

You'll need to cut the led off to solder a new one in using a multimeter won't tell you anything about an led either it is essentially an open circuit it's more to do with the resister in series, if you could post a clear pic of LED/resistor can probably tell you exactly what's needed :smile:

I wasn't aiming at people responding. It amazes me what people will do that just seem pointless. Each to their own I suppose.