Cha Ching time lol!!!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
This weekend, I am getting two new front tyres fitted - £147 ish - for Yokos, then next weekend is service time!

Putting 0w40 oil in as the temp variety the car will be driven in for the next 6 months is big to say the least - could be sixteen below in Scotland in 2 weeks time, and forty above in south west France in June, coupled with a lap or two of the ring at the end of June(NOT driven by me!) needs some serious oil lol! Then there is another week long trip to Scotland in July - so those four trips alone could be about 8500 miles hehe!!!

nice were you getting the tyres done then?? im going scotland in march up the mountains not taking the 197 though

nice were you getting the tyres done then?? im going scotland in march up the mountains not taking the 197 though

Got them through blackcircles.com - used them loads of times before - really good company! They are getting fitted at Bolney Grange Garage in Burgess Hill first thing on Saturday, then I am moving on to Newhaven Tates for them to look at the corroded wheels to see if they will do them under warranty!

Got them through blackcircles.com - used them loads of times before - really good company! They are getting fitted at Bolney Grange Garage in Burgess Hill first thing on Saturday, then I am moving on to Newhaven Tates for them to look at the corroded wheels to see if they will do them under warranty!

oh right might have a look then want to change my front tyres
hopefully they will do it under warranty :smile: good luck with them

If you are about Saturday AM, and want a drive to Newhaven, then PM me your number and I'll let you know when I am headed that way :smile:

If you are about Saturday AM, and want a drive to Newhaven, then PM me your number and I'll let you know when I am headed that way :smile:

would love to mate but im going back to work friday night so i'll be travelling back to bicester otherwise i would come with you

Well tyres are done, now just the service and air-con recharge to be done on Saturday - then ready for the epic 2000 miles ish in a week trip on 19th Feb!

Better make sure she is clean otherwise Liambo will NOT approve :smile:

Well tyres are done, now just the service and air-con recharge to be done on Saturday - then ready for the epic 2000 miles ish in a week trip on 19th Feb!

Better make sure she is clean otherwise Liambo will NOT approve :smile:

all good mate :smile: how you finding the tyres??

TBH I think I would cry if I put 8500miles on my car in such a short period of time lol! I dont even like taking it to the shops cos it adds up quickly! Am I sad or what lol!

I have a view on "mileage fear" people...

A car is there to be used, not viewed!!! :smile:

I wanted good tyres, but I am not toooo fussed as these are for the mileage - I am not really doing anything that means grip etc is Vital.....apart from my Nurburgring trip :wink:

I have a view on "mileage fear" people...

A car is there to be used, not viewed!!! :smile:

I see where you are coming from, IMO you are better off doing it like you are and getting off on road trips rather than the boring commute into work like Im doing ATM! :worried:

I see where you are coming from, IMO you are better off doing it like you are and getting off on road trips rather than the boring commute into work like Im doing ATM! :worried:

Me and the wife have a black 1.4 2003 Clio Dynamique for us to use as a workhorse :smile:

Cannot wait until the Scotland trip - will be good to finally meet another 197 owner :smile:

Me and the wife have a black 1.4 2003 Clio Dynamique for us to use as a workhorse :smile:

Cannot wait until the Scotland trip - will be good to finally meet another 197 owner :smile:

yea we have a Citroen (boo hiss) C2 for the majority of miles but sometimes it cant be avoided! The Clio certainly makes journeys fun though!

Which way are you going up to Scotland? M6 or A1?

yea we have a Citroen (boo hiss) C2 for the majority of miles but sometimes it cant be avoided! The Clio certainly makes journeys fun though!

Which way are you going up to Scotland? M6 or A1?

Watch what you say about Citroens :wink:

I owned Suki Saxo for two and a half years and she made many a trip to Leeds and lots of other places :smile:

We always go M23>M25>M40>M42>M6 Toll>M6>M74>M8>A85>A84>A82

Overnight too :smile:

Mike

Watch what you say about Citroens :wink:

I owned Suki Saxo for two and a half years and she made many a trip to Leeds and lots of other places :smile:

We always go M23>M25>M40>M42>M6 Toll>M6>M74>M8>A85>A84>A82

Overnight too :smile:

Mike

Lol yeah Ill no doubt get a telling off from GF too! They are good lil cars im just trying to talk her into joining the Reanult-side! Twingo FTW!!!

Ah rite good stuff! I was going to say to avoid the A1 I think I may have got my first speeding ticket - not a fun road at all!

Lol yeah Ill no doubt get a telling off from GF too! They are good lil cars im just trying to talk her into joining the Reanult-side! Twingo FTW!!!

Ah rite good stuff! I was going to say to avoid the A1 I think I may have got my first speeding ticket - not a fun road at all!

Hehe, Suki was a legend! Good little cars, but they are too closely tied to chavviness now :worried:

Twingo's are sooo nice. I want one as a second car! :smile: