Centre silencer removed

DO NOT REMOVE CENTER SILENCER!!!!
I did this and instantly regretted it!!!!!!!!

Car sounds better ish, it is quite loud though and very raspy like a saxo with a chav bore exhaust.
The flat spot though... Jesus christ!!! between 2 - 3k rpm, the car felt like it was running out of fuel... then it revved up fine.
so i put my silencer back in, but then because i had two joining sleeves... on a track day or general hooning, the exhaust would slip apart and blow like a hooker.
So i bought a Resonated Milltek. Best decision ive made since buying the car :tongueclosed:

Just buy a full system. End of! and if you cant afford a full system... ktec do finance

Dont cut corners and chop bits out, it isnt worth it. If you dont like loud exhausts but like a bit of tone, Then resonated Milltek... If you like lots of loud deep tone... Non res Milltek.
My middle box is blowing anyway so I was thinking of giving it a whirl. I'd love a milltek but I'm not in a position to buy one at the moment. Was is flat even at normal speeds or just on full throttle?

Well if you floor it from first its fine, if you set off nicely its not fine if you set off moderatly its still not fine, sooooo... when in traffic and you keep booting it every 10 yards to not have a kangarooing, stuttering turnip of a car... you look like a nob haha.
my sensor is glued in... no air leaks at all :wink:
In all honesty mate, leave it as is while you save up, i paid £300 for my system second hand, they do pop up. in my eyes its cheaper to have a milltek.
£300 for a milltek vs 30 for a silencer delete pipe + £250 - £350 having the flat spot mapped out...

P.S if you want a silencer delete pipe, you can have mine for £20 posted... it was on car for 24 hours

Reactions: Pav and ///M
Nick speaks sense!

In my opinion, you'd be absolutely daft to do this. It makes your car sound raspy and awful and will most likely make it run like crap.

I can't see one good reason for doing this, unless you really really want to piss off your neighbours!

well I never heard one in the flesh (no silencer) but there are lots of vids on youtube,and they put me off completely..sounds really horrible..
but each to their own..just fyi i have a standard silencer for sale @Tofty

For the sake of £30/£40 try it out and if you don't like it put the centre silencer back on. You may be lucky enough to break even as the silencer deletes sell relatively quickly, if you're not a fan of the sound afterwards. Videos never do any exhaust setup justice and it sounds very different in person. Silencer delete wasn't loud unless you were at WOT, and even then it was fairly civilised. Mine was only done as I didn't want to buy an exhaust at the time and the car was far too quiet as standard but I've remedied that now. Flat spots differ from car to car, mine was from 2500 - 3000 rpm and wasn't abysmal.

Well if you floor it from first its fine, if you set off nicely its not fine if you set off moderatly its still not fine, sooooo... when in traffic and you keep booting it every 10 yards to not have a kangarooing, stuttering turnip of a car... you look like a nob haha.
my sensor is glued in... no air leaks at all :wink:
In all honesty mate, leave it as is while you save up, i paid £300 for my system second hand, they do pop up. in my eyes its cheaper to have a milltek.
£300 for a milltek vs 30 for a silencer delete pipe + £250 - £350 having the flat spot mapped out...

P.S if you want a silencer delete pipe, you can have mine for £20 posted... it was on car for 24 hours
Ok I'm gonna take your advice. I'm gonna wait and keep an eye out for a milltek or something.

Reactions: ///M and Nick197RS
Ok I'm gonna take your advice. I'm gonna wait and keep an eye out for a milltek or something.

MUCH better plan mate! Will be worth it in the long run.

It's really easy to get sucked in and want to do lots of stuff asap but honestly, it's far more rewarding to take a bit of time and save towards it, do a bit of research and end up with something you know is bang on what you want and good quality.

You've got a nice car there, it deserves nice parts!

:smile:

Go Milltek. :thumb: