Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

I paid 30quid for mine, watched them do it, they chopped centre box out and welded new pipe in, heard it for first time while outside with it driving today as my sister drove it, sounded lush!!

Couldn't they just sleeve it over the top and then clamp?

Had mine done at Top Gear Stockport today.

I'm not overreacting, but... OH MY F#CK!NG FATHER OF CHRIST!!! Now, that is how a Clio should sound. That video of Deako's is good but when you hear it in the flesh it's something else completely. It's not really any louder at idle and cruising at 30, 50 & 70 there's a small yet noticeable increase in noise. But, under load she screams it's t!ts off.

Nick, get yourself down to TGS, they charged me £70 in the end. It's a sleeve and clamp job as Curley has mentioned, looks really tidy and they're a decent pair of lads in there too. Well worth a visit. I have a video, so as soon as I've figureed out how to get it off my iPhone I'll upload it. :wink:

Excellant Willis...i know top gear in stockport from exhaust they did on my old motor and sleeve and clamp sounds good to me fella.....cheer's for the reporting back

Glad im not the only one that thinks this is awesome.

Guys, wait till you have removed the rear seats. Its aural pleasure!!!

The very very best part of the sound is when the car is cold. Pop, bang, rasp. Burble!!!!

Well chuffed, fair play to you for trying it out first Deako!!!

My OEM system would pop a little, there's definately more of that now though!!! Only really drove back from home (8Miles-ish) but I'll be going on a blast later on tonight I think once the rush hour has passed. This has just saved me the best part of £400 as I'd been previously planning to save up for a K-Tec. One thing I would say though is that the flat spot is a little more noticeable now, but that's just given me an excuse to get a remap. :smiley:

Sounds like very positive results from this even though the driving experience can be altered (not worse it seems) slightly.

Willis- defo get a vid up, just to hear another clio with it done.

Link in my post above now dude. :wink:

I can feel a tunnel run coming on later hahaha!!!

She's just ticked over 35,000Miles and I think there's a bit of a difference to the sound compared to Deako's 200. Although that could just be the recordings.

Last edited:
Link in my post above now dude. :wink:

I can feel a tunnel run coming on later hahaha!!!

She's just ticked over 35,000Miles and I think there's a bit of a difference to the sound compared to Deako's 200. Although that could just be the recordings.

Tunnel run eh :wink: am i invited?

£70 quid is pretty steep, but my god it is worth it!! Glad I just did a spur of the moment thing and got it done lol!

Woody; We're goig to have to plan a route with a load of tunnels on it for the summer!!! I'm not too far for the big double tunnel at Manchester Airport, the notorious footballers car killing tunnels hahaha!!! I've got the camcorder on charge. :wink:

Luke; Yeah I could've saved £20 or so by going elsewhere but TGS are only 15 minutes from me plus I'd heard good things. Still, the money I was putting towards a K-Tec will pay for a remap and go towards some Eibachs and Cup Dampers now. :smile:

Mikey; Cheers mate!!! I'm well chuffed!!! I know, just watched the two vids back to back and there's quite a difference. Not sure if it's down to mine having more miles on the clock or wether the ambient temperature or the recordings are making it sound so different. I'll just have to go make another video. :smiley:

That sounds awesome, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a k-tec pro and yours without the silencer! Less money well spent sir :smiley:

Great minds Luke, great minds. :wink:

Troopy, get it done mate, it's even better in the flesh.

Could this be the first ''Officially Approved 197.net/200.net Modifciation'' !?! :smiley:

If anyone that lives local to stourbridge wants to hear mine if your thinking of getting it just let me know!! I will try get vids of mine up this weekend.