Card not detected!

Well my cards have finally given up on me.

Anybody know how you open these buggers? I've got two brand new 2025 batteries in them, they unlock and lock the car (ish) but the car wont start.

I suspect I might have to call in the warranty on the car before it expires (which wont be long!)

Any ideas?

Even with the key (either) in the slot, just wont budge. If I lock / unlock the car a few times it eventually lets me start but this is getting silly! :thumb1:

Mike i had mine do the same quite recently.and renault wanted to charge for diag. I also had keycard not detected error on dash.

I ended up disconnecting the battery for 10 mins and reconnecting and cards were picked up again. Changes of your two cards going faulty at the same time is so slim.

There is also a place in NLondon i took my cards to and they tested foc and do a fix price repair. Keys prone to have buttons fail or dry joints. Its gently crack open and glue back job.

Thanks for that.

I doubt it is the battery thing as the battery has been disconnected quite a lot over the weekend.

There's a guy in Peterborough who says he can fix both cards for £20 so I'm going to go up there now.

If I can get the car started :wink:

I suspect I've bent the cards and caused hairline fractures along the pcb but because I've never done one before I'm not woll

The guy who bought my car off me had similar problem. Except the engine wouldn't start at all. Apparently, the battery had been completely flat, and had re-set the immobiliser. 24 hours later, car starts no problems (bump starts!) at all.

:smile:

I think they are broken when they've been in my wallet and I've sat on then over the past year. Would try it myself but could be an expensive mistake!

See what happens in 30 mins!

I think they are broken when they've been in my wallet and I've sat on then over the past year. Would try it myself but could be an expensive mistake!

See what happens in 30 mins!

Shouldn't be so fat then!

Cards now work perfectly

as suspected, where they had been in my wallet, they had been bent and over the year they havent taken the strain well.

So warning to anybody else who keeps their keycard in their wallet... DON'T!

Someone should knock up a carbon fibre shell of this. I did look at rehousing but got bored. Ther is defo market as lots of damn key card.

Try front pocket with other keys lol

Mine lives in my coat pocket joys of hands free :smile:

So a score to reflow?

I don't know exactly what he did but I know he's done 100s of the buggers and they now work, and if I had pulled them apart they would have probably fallen apart in my hands and been crying into my solder sponge.

You are right about a re-shell, something a bit less bendy!

I think if it was just one key i'd have had a go myself, but as both were buggered I couldn't risk having an immobilised car :worried:

Yeah you made a good call. I pulled my hair out and the guys in wood green were very helpful.

Should source someone in china. These dudes copy everything.. Although they dont lasy long. It should be longer that oem lol..