Carbon Skinning

I have been looking at that kit myself, to replace the 3m CF wrap that I did a few years ago. You should be able to get a good answer if the kit it is worth it from Fernandez.

Would be interested to know if the 0.3sqm of material they give you is enough to wrap the dash inserts...

EDIT: Just measured the longest dash insert, would have to overlap material as it's not long enough... dodgy weave?!

Last edited:
The kit is just what you need but bear in mind it is a time consuming job to skin an item but don't let that put you off. The key to a good finish is the preparation of the piece you are going to skin. You will need to rub it down with some 600 wet and dry paper to provide a good key for the carbon to adhere to.

Ensure they you cut your carbon to size before you start and if there are areas that need trimming you are best to trim it green (stiff but still tacky, not fully cured).

One it is cured you can rub it down with a fine wet and dry paper then add another coat of resin, repeat 5 or 6 times ensuring they the resin is fully cured each time. Also ensure that after rubbing down you thoroughly clean off any dust and that item is dry before you apply more resin. On your last coat use a 1200 wet and dry paper to remove any scratches. Finish with a good polish.

Hey presto, carbon goodies.

N.b sugest you wear latex gloves when using resin as it's horrible stuff and gets rather hot when going off

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that the Red part of the weave is either fibreglass or kevlar, makes no real difference but thought you'd like to know.

if someone wants to try it out you could allways use my spoiler ends lol

If it is 0.3sqm it is likely to be 100 x 30cm not 30 x 30cm so you might want to consider that too? Unless you already have....

Great info on there, I might look for a spare set as I wouldn't want to mess the originals up.