Carbon intakes?

Dont think this members on here anymore but think having not one but two of these in carbon, on the right car would look pretty cool....might have a go at making my own or ask Fernandez if he could make some up.....

mm004.jpg
mm005.jpg
mm006.jpg
mm008.jpg

I'd have a pair, i have a bit of a carbon fetish at the mo :thumbup1:

there no use on a road car, if just stuck in would creat a high pressure area in what is now a "low" pressure area and cause lift !

and cant be used as an air intake due to the fact if it rains car will die

plus using them as intakes would require a serious amount of mapping and im not sure the standard ecu could cope as the amount of air going in would be waaaayy more than it would use and would probally just creat a stalling effect in air flow , and or not run at all.

i made one out of standard mk3 grill, and rubber matting, run in conjuction with the standard intake, never had any running issues the two or so years its been fitted.

Jase has still got one in his loft :wink:

It can be used as an intake as that is where the cold air feed for the 197 airbox comes from as standard already anyways.

You should sell it to me then, not much use in a loft, any loft come to think of it :poke:

I keep meaning to sell it but with the number of people that keep asking for it I think the fairest think to do is put it on eBay for bids.???