carbon fibre items

hi all.

just been looking at streamlines large range of carbon parts for our cars, and while i am grateful we have so much available to us, am i the only one who think they're just a tad expensive. a few of the things i've been looking at i've thought "they're just too expensive for me". things like the mirror covers, tail light covers, front fog surrounds and so on. i can appreciate the cost of materials, and manufacturings etc.

cheers, stu.

i don't know - when i was into my gt4's, they never cost this much. a full size bonnet as oppose to the half bonnet we have, was sub £400.... i mean, that tiny little splitter on the front of our bumpers is £200!!

I paid £150 ish for the splitter for my 182 and it was covered in stone chips in a month.

i have thought about the rear tail gate light covers and the side bullets,

no doubt i will buy them at some stage tho,

it is quality stuff from Streamline so i dont mind paying that bit more tbh.

it is at the fore front of the car though, so to be expected unfortunately.
i really like the tail light covers, only see them when you lift the boot, i love touches like that lol.

I think streamline make full 100% CF parts? If so then the prices arent that bad, if they cover the original parts or use fibreglass as the bulk of the product then they are very expensive!

you will find that a lot of the cost is due to the small up take of the products as carbon parts for 197/200 wont be that popular

perhaps have a word with the supplier and see if there can be a group buy or quantity discount if enough people want something in the carbon range?

you will find that a lot of the cost is due to the small up take of the products as carbon parts for 197/200 wont be that popular

perhaps have a word with the supplier and see if there can be a group buy or quantity discount if enough people want something in the carbon range?

already done; see streamline carbon sub-forum

The thing is making a product with full carbon fibre the material cost is huge! I know over here carbon cloth is about $80 a linear metre. Add to that resin, bleeder cloths, air vaccum machine/bags/filters and the time involved in developing and perfecting the pieces its never going to be cheap especially on the larger pieces.

That said some of the parts on streamline carbon's website are on the expensive side, forty quid for a front renault badge for example IMO is alittle exxy. The amount of product required to make the part wouldn't be expensive, the cloth could even be cutoff's from the larger pieces they make. In all honesty making a part like that isnt hugely difficult either...

Try Performance Trim. Much cheaper. And usually prepared to make anything bespoke for you, which they then add as a catalogue item. :smile:

The streamline parts are expensive but they are quality items. For example I think their carbon bonnet is about twice the price of a carbon bonnet from KTEC but you know with streamline that it will fit 100% perfectly and the quality will be better.

The streamline parts are expensive but they are quality items. For example I think their carbon bonnet is about twice the price of a carbon bonnet from KTEC but you know with streamline that it will fit 100% perfectly and the quality will be better.

i ain't paying £400 from ktec, let alone £800 from streamline!! lol.

small print - i don't know if their bonnet is £800, i would imagine not. i was simply doubling the figure ktec ask for theirs as advised above.

Nope the bonnet from Streamline is £999.99 IIRC which is a ridiculous price for essentially a flat piece of CF, that is the reason why they don't really sell any. I can't help but think if it was half the price they would sell a lot more and there is no way it costs £500 in materials and labour to produce one.

If someone buys a second-hand Clio I can't see them spending another 10% of the cars value on CF parts i.e. the bonnet. Don't get me wrong - the quality is great, I just think they are overpriced for the market it is aimed at. One thing that has always made me laugh was the quote on the site that said 'due to the small size and simple design we expect the Clio MK3 bonnet to cost less than the other bonnets we stock', LOL!