Carbon A pillar

Stephenvenning

Gold Member
Ive been looking at alternatives to for the A pillar trim, as I hate having to re apply trim gel to it to keep it shiny. It just looks naff IMO. My question to everyone is whether anyone has created real carbon pieces to stick over the top of them before. If not i can make some up pretty easily using the pr preg carbon sheets.

Also does the old carbon effect wrap just peal off?

http://carbonfinish.co.uk/products/mitsubishi/evo10/evo-carbon-fiber-pillar-trim/

Something like this?

I was considering this but I sorta think carbon effect doesn't come anywhere near to the real thing in terms of looks. That's why I went to all the effort of carbon skinning all my interior trim

Nice one. Those pics I saw in the link are the B-pillars though, right? Just so I don't confuse them. I actually have the cheap carbon wrap on my B-pillars, and I know what you mean about not "looking the part"... But they sure as hell look better than the OEM wrap, which had been beaten by the harsh sun down here. I wrapped over the old stuff, just made sure the area was very clean beforehand...

tujuzedy.jpg

Here's my carbon fibre wrap, it's a 5d vinyl off eBay cost about £8 for a sheet big enough 750x300mm and to the left is real carbon fibre, to the untrained eye I doubt you'd tell it wasn't carbon fibre, I've tried the 3d and 4d crap but just wasn't happy but now I think I've sussed it :smile: very cost effective and looks far superior to that Renault "carbon" effect wrap