Car park Parking Fine

Roy

clio197.net legend
Parked in a disabled bay tonight up Merry Hill (Dudley) and I get a ticket cause my badge had slipped down the side of the dash and the photo they got is not conclusive and they say I haven't Displayed
i took a photo of the 11 un-used bays for normal parking in front of the shop and sent it them saying I could have parked in there and had less walking to do but they say I could have taken that when the shop was closed
what a load of $hite.Hit a bloke when he's down why don't they.wish I could have found the wankker
rant over :worried:

Appeal it mate

san had a similar incident, appealed it and had it repealed

If it's 3rd party, they have been known to start chasing more through the courts recently - especially after the change in the law (last year?). But it might also be worth asking to speak to someone from Merry Hill rather than the 3rd party - they might be more sympathetic. Better still if you were parked outside one of the bigger stores (asda, Sainsburys) and have a receipt proving you shopped there, call into their customer services desk.

Matt - both of those watchdog clips are from before the law change in September. Now I'm not 100% certain, but as well as getting rid of the clampers other parts of the law (used by 3rd parties) were strengthened.

Some examples from PH http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...9571&mid=139254&nmt=Parking+Ticket+Qu+(sorry)
and you should do some digging or post for advice on PepiPoo.com.

It's certainly not as clear cut as before. I'm not saying pay it, but the other end of the scale could be a CCJ summons. You can't just file it under 'bin' anymore.

Appeal it mate, send them a letter asking for evidence that the ticket wasn't on private land and that they have been licensed by the council / local authority to ticket in the area. Then threaten them with legal action - worked for me!

Not sure on that Webby, I cant find the clip that was on in April or May this year about this very thing. The advice they gave was to ignore them but like you say best to have a look on that website you posted.

I know my brothers parking fine was in May this year and he ignored it, they sent 4 more letters then nothing more came of it.