Car Audio Center

Here comes a rant!

My recommendation to anybody looking at purchasing any audio equipment should avoid car audio center.

I ordered a pair of speakers from them on the 24th may 2010 and didn't hear anything for weeks. So I rang up, "Where are my speakers?", "expecting delivery next week" they said. All well and good, but I would have liked a phone call maybe telling me this...

Another couple of weeks went by and heard nothing. I thought this is beyond a joke, called them up "where are my speakers?!" "oh we seem to have forgotten your order..." I was not to happy at all with this so requested a full refund and to cancel the order. "No problem" they said.

Another few weeks went by and I still had no sign of the money or product. I thought this was absolutely ludicrous and something had to be done. I spoke to a bloke called Andy, who was just plain rude to me. This got my back right up, so I demanded the money by the end of the week. That deadline was on Friday and still no sign of the money :swear:

I have given them a few days to sort this out, otherwise I am taking legal action. They have had my money for 2 months and I just cant get it back from them.

Their customer relations have been absolutely poor and I am disgusted with how they have handled the situation.

my recommendation... AVOID, very bad company!

Put it down to experience.

In the past i have spent thousands with car audio security and car audio direct. Both of them have always been brilliant!

That's not on, maybe phone them and ask to speak to the manager?

I always use car audio direct as i know their customer service is spot on, wouldn't use anyone else

That doesn't sound good. I had a fairly poor experience with Camskill and everyone else who I spoke to said they were brilliant. I think I might have just been a one off. It was no where near as bad as your experience though!

Their customer service has been poor, irregardless of the situation a company should always respect it's customers!

I felt extremely angry on the phone as they made no effort to work for me. I still have not received any form of apology.

It really is shocking that in times like these a company doesn't want to hold on to it customers.

People may have had good experiences with this company, however I can think of a lot more companies who would go a lot further for you!

If only I could speak to somebody at the company and put my views across. They just don't want to know. The company in my eyes has lost view of who they work for, very impersonal service. Will not be going anywhere near them again.

thats poor customer service alright mate let me think . . . . . just tell them ure taking them to small claims court to get your money back end the phonecall with ill give u 24 hours to re credit my account or you'll be hearing from my solicitor. if they dont forge a fake letter and make it look official watch them cack there pants

Any joy with this?
I reckon you should get Citizens Advice Bureau on the case, or the more direct route as mentioned above to issue a court summons.

Ye have you had any joy? I've got a feeling my dad has just placed an order for a cheap CD player to go in our old 406 from them! I hope it turns up!

You need to contact Consumer Direct (part of the office of fair trading) and Trading Standards who will then set up a file on the company and go in on your behalf. The quickest way to get your funds back is go through the credit card company you used and state that you require a refund as the goods have not arrived. Do not tell the credit card company that you advised the retailer that you have cancelled the order as this somehow changes their powers.:argue: