cant decide on which tyres to get???

hi all,
i currently have 3 different tyres on my car, because ive had two punchers and they were both on sundays so i had no choice but to go to shit fit and they wanted £170 for a conti sc3 :mad:
so i have 2 x conti sc3's, 1 x bridgestone re050 and 1 x bridgestone re040 lol

anyways the re040 has about 8/9mm left as i had the last puncher about a month ago.

now im considering both the above bridgestones, toyo t1r's and the conti's. ive been reading reviews on various sites and there all too mixed.

just want to know who has run what tyre and what they think is good???
thanks drifter :thumbup:

lol, you have a right little problem there huh?

Well im needing new tyres too and just thinking about buying Parada Spec 2's due to i don't use my car much in the wet and never got it on a track so dry handling for me with a cheapish tyre :smile:

I'd suggest getting round rubber ones

I find the conti's brilliant personally. I have used the toyo's on previos cars and while they are good they're not as good as the Conti's and they are soooo soft it's unreal. I got through a set in 10K driving like a granny

I decided a month or two ago for Falken and I am very pleased with them. They are't as sticky as the conti's, bus let's say 95% of the grip remains. For the other 5% you get a much lower price and a longer lasting tyre.

I'd suggest getting round rubber ones

I find the conti's brilliant personally. I have used the toyo's on previos cars and while they are good they're not as good as the Conti's and they are soooo soft it's unreal. I got through a set in 10K driving like a granny

Yours were broken then! lol

I have the T1R's, they are just as good as the Conti's and they are holding up well despite getting punishment from time to time.

They will last longer than the Conti's, I thought they were a joke.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think tyre selection depends on your driving style and what makes you feel more confident/comfortable with the car. For me the conti's are without a doubt the best tyre I ever had on a car, and for the level of grip tey give they've lasted really well.
I only speak from personal experience, I'm not saying th Toyo's are crap, just scrubbed out in a stupid amount of time

i agree with you richandgem, but different tyres are good on different cars and i cant try every tyre there is, hence why im asking. im my opinion the best tyre was the potenza re01, there was nothing out there that could compare but they stopped producing them last year :worried:.
oh and my driving style, il let you figure that one out :wink:

After looking at recommendations on MeganeSport, I am going to try the Hankook K110/V12 Evo Ventus.

They rate as being even better than the Conti's in the wet, and last longer... they have even beaten the Conti's in tyre test in Germany recently.

Best thing? £55 per corner from Camskill...

Agree, driving style counts when reviewing tyres. I had new Conti's put on two weeks ago following countless posts in various forums around their performance. I have little confidence in them, I expected so much more and now I am completely underwhelmed. I have always liked Rainsport on my cars so will go back to them shortly. Very annoyed with myself for going with the crowd; not saying they were wrong but they certainly don't suit my style.

Incidentally, my style is very subdued, rarely going above 4k revs.

Not according to these reviews in Germany, and a tyre expert on MeganeSport.

They also do the RS2's which are more of a trackday tyre, but again are awesome.

I'll try and find the review for you

They seem to be car dependent though - a lot of Focus ST owners have them, but they aren't so well rated in some other sizes.

T1R's are bizarre tyre too - so much love and hate for them, it's never consistent.

Vredestein used to be a Dutch brand. Now it is a Russian/Chinese company and the quality isn't what it used to be.

Friend of mine drives Kumho on his Forus ST and is very pleased with it.

Vredestein used to be a Dutch brand. Now it is a Russian/Chinese company and the quality isn't what it used to be.

Friend of mine drives Kumho on his Forus ST and is very pleased with it.

SteBurns has Kumho KU31's on his 197, and they let go at the back quite easily, which can be fun, but worrying at times...