Can someone help please?! - exhaust prob!

Hello chaps, i have a question.
i recently bought a used Cat back system off the bay for a song. the blurb said it would fit my 197. but it don't :@

he said it was off a clio cup racer car and would fit.
the problem is with the mid section - the car has one bolting point, but the exhaust has 2 hanging points either side of a flexi section - both completely different.
is there a diference between cup/ff/200 which might be the issue?
does anyone on here know if there's a bracket i can get - or is it more serious than that?

any help very appreciated!
Pip.

if its a cup racer as in race car, this could be your issue as the race car version doesn't run the pre cat, so down pipe is more than likely different...

-Andy

thanks for the help guys, i'll get some pics after work.

the first mounting point on the exhaust is at the same place as the mounting point on the car. same place but different fixing design. the second mounting point further back on the exhaust is in a area where there is no obvious mounting point on the car. strange and frustrating!
Pip.

I seen this.. And enquired about it.. Due to the fact it has a flexi after the center box they modified and made an other mounting point. The exhaust is self was made by the same company who made a exhaust for the last owners clip cup racer. He used it on his road going Clio.

Best thing to do is mount exhaust take picture of problem area and ask the lad who you bought it off if they can tell you what to mount it with..

the old k-tec (magnex system) has a flexi after the centre silencer just before the exhaust goes up over the axle - you also had to replace the exhaust mount to fit it...

its what i have on mine

Well this is a pic of the exhaust guys, is it as foxspeed says and i have to have a new bracket fitted to the car ??
Thanks for helping me out.
228e8dd0.jpg
13f950af.jpg

Last edited:
the old k-tec (magnex system) has a flexi after the centre silencer just before the exhaust goes up over the axle - you also had to replace the exhaust mount to fit it...

its what i have on mine

i have to apologise Foxspeed,
my last comment "is it as foxspeed says..." was in no way meant as a slur to you and i wasn't doubting your knowlege at all. so i apologise just in case. :jase2:

so did you have another bracket welded to your car for the carrier after the flexi?
also, were the exhaust hangers the rubber grommet type the same as my pic? as the ones on my car are a bolt on type - it's just completely different!
thanks guys

no problem :hug:

the bracket in question just bolts to the underside of the car - you unbolt the original bracket and bolt on the newly supplied bracket that comes with the exhaust that uses "8" shaped rubber hangers...

hope that sort of explains it?

nice one chap!

oh right yeah, that makes sense. nothing came with the exhaust - so any ideas if it's something i can get off the shelf somewhere?
i've tried ktec and there's nothing there.
cheers

nice one chap!

oh right yeah, that makes sense. nothing came with the exhaust - so any ideas if it's something i can get off the shelf somewhere?
i've tried ktec and there's nothing there.
cheers

the exhaust was made by "magnex" but think they are now bust....

i would have said try k-tec to see if they have anything laying about!

what about the person you got it off - surely the bracket must be still on the vehicle?

failing that you will need an exhaust place to make a new mounting bracket :bat:

make a plate with a hole the one side and a exhaust hanger the other side. remove the existing bracket and fit the new bracket between the existing and the car and refit the bolt and tighten up.

well guys, after a few calls i was lead to Collins Performance. the guy said "yeah, i've got one of those", so i have one on the way.
so, thanks to all for your input. much appreciated.
Pip.

hopefully, although in my case, if it can go wrong it will! i'll try and remain optimistic though!

thanks for your help! :thumbup1: