Can I use 225/45/R17 tyres

I run 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE070 on speedlines, they don't rub. Eibach springs, stock offsets.

Question will be if they will rub on laguna wheels with Et50 offset...I've just bought a set.

Worth knowing [Especially for me - as im on very similar setup]

Let us know with the speedlines. You going for the same rubber on those too ?

They don't rub on speedlines. I might swap the RE070's on the laguna wheels, and fit a new set of 225/45/17 AD08R's on the speedlines.

I run 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE070 on speedlines, they don't rub. Eibach springs, stock offsets.

Question will be if they will rub on laguna wheels with Et50 offset...I've just bought a set.

I run 225s on OZ Ultraleggara wheels, which are 8" with 55 offset. Standard Cup suspension, no rubbing.

How do you find the Bridgestone 070s? They're now discontinued, I think, and I've seen a few places with them for good prices. I wouldn't mind something like them as roadworthy tyres for my track wheels.

Update - 225/45/17

Running the RSR's with 20mm spacers on Cup wheels 7.5j no rubbing issues so far and the car is lowered quite a lot.
I am however running 3 degrees of camber which does give some extra clearance around the top of the wheel.

I'm running the FZ 201's in 225 -- fantastic dry grip when they're warm -- but they're getting somewhat worn. How do you find the RSR's?

I run 225s on OZ Ultraleggara wheels, which are 8" with 55 offset. Standard Cup suspension, no rubbing.

How do you find the Bridgestone 070s? They're now discontinued, I think, and I've seen a few places with them for good prices. I wouldn't mind something like them as roadworthy tyres for my track wheels.

I think they are the perfect combination for 90% street and 10% track use. I can still get them from alot of places. Recently been having problems getting them up to temperature, I think winter ruined them. Bridgestone has a disclaimer about this issue.

Reactions: Timbo
I'm running the FZ 201's in 225 -- fantastic dry grip when they're warm -- but they're getting somewhat worn. How do you find the RSR's?

RSR's are good for the money, working out at £75 a corner in 225 fitment at the moment, getting a good 4/5 dry days out of them too on the front, slightly more from the rear tyres. Running them about 33/34 hot and between 3/3.5 degress of camber to get decent tyre wear on the fronts.

Fresh set on for the next track day which ill run at 3.5 from the off and see how they wear.

Reactions: Timbo