Can I use 225/45/R17 tyres

Gus

Platinum Member
I have a Clio 200 with 17" speedline wheels:
Renault_Clio_17__4b9e1ff381c5c__18555_zoom-1.jpg

The car has been lowered slightly on bilsteins

Im wanting to buy some Michelin PS4 tyres. Has anyone tried 225 width?

Thats brilliant - Thanks all. Im seeing the tyres are marginally cheaper in 225 size with the advantage of more footprint/grip.

Im looking at getting the new Michelin PS4 tyres to use as daily tyres and take the Michelin super Cup 2's off .

Does anyone know if the Michelin cup 2 tyres wear very quickly ? Im just thinking it would be a shame to waste them on motorway driving.

yeah 225/45/17 GY assymetric 3...

Pav what's your suspension set up please mate? Can't remember.

Never given you any issues? I know you've done a bit of track time so would expect that to give it a reasonable test.

Does anyone know if the Michelin cup 2 tyres wear very quickly ? Im just thinking it would be a shame to waste them on motorway driving.

they'll wear quicker than a PS4. i took mine off between trackdays.

Pav what's your suspension set up please mate? Can't remember.

Never given you any issues? I know you've done a bit of track time so would expect that to give it a reasonable test.
i run B14 and will fit Compbrake adjustable top mounts next week..no issues whatsoever..Oz 8j for every day use and laguna silverstone for track..

Reactions: ///M and Big Ben
I've just got a new set of 225 Yokohama that I'm dying to try out. They were slightly cheaper than 215 and look bit more aggressive in my opinion. In theory hoping for more grip as more rubber on road. Wether this puts additional stress on suspension components, gearbox, driveshafts etc.. Only time will tell

Reactions: sevenfourate
i'm only running 215's on my track wheels because they're seven inch wide.
i've put 225's on the raider wheels, which are 8x18. looks so much better than a 215. i never liked the 'stretch look'.

I'm currently using 2254517 Michelin PS4 they look bit more agressive as they fill the arches a bit better, they grip well and they seem quieter than my previous Goodyear's.

Reactions: Gus
I'm currently using 2254517 Michelin PS4 they look bit more agressive as they fill the arches a bit better, they grip well and they seem quieter than my previous Goodyear's.

Nice to hear ! On standard 7.5j wheels ?

Standard suspension / lowered or.... ??