Can a remap lose bhp after it has been done

had a k-tec de-cat fitted then a blue fin remap and my power seems to be lacking in first and second gear or is it just all in my head

plus with a de-cat you need a custom map to remove the low down flat spot it produces.

I got the map done at a local performance garage said with the full k-tec and de-cat would make a small but noticeable improvement but said was wasting my cash getting a dyno cause it wouldn't be worth it ... would the garage be able to remove the blufine software ?

I think you can remove the Blufin map yourself using the handheld device can't you?

The craze for Superchips that started a few years back is all a bit OTT I think, I've heard that they can make NA cars run very very lean at higher revs although they're meant to be very good for diesel engines. If you want your car mapping, get it mapped and not flashed with a generic thing that'll be virtually the same price anyway. In my opinion.

What you were told at the garage is right to an extent. Do not expect massive gains from a remap on an NA engine, particularly one that's as well set up as our F4R. What a remap will give you is a smoother power delivery and it will make the most of any other modifications you've made. Bolt on mods will help your car, but until you've had the fuelling and everything optimized to suit the extra air flow and air exhaustion then you won't be getting the full potential out of the parts.

If the Clio was a turbo you'd get 20-30BHP from a remap. The advantages of FI. :smile:

ok willis thanks for the help really not happy with the feel off the car now seems to be a flat spot in second which was never there in the first place.
mate of mine has same car same mods different superchip and his has total different feel and pulls quicker off the mark.

will contact the garage and ask about removing it i don't have the blufine device the garage dose see what they say

No worries mate. Like what Sarah said above, the Superchips stuff is made to be used on an otherwise standard car and so if you're engine is anything other than standard then it won't be doing much at all. It's also going to put the same data onto every car of type, so it'll map every 197 the same for example, but these engines are not all made equal as many have found out on here (some are underpowered, some are overachievers) and because of that it's impossible for them to say it'll give you x amount of BHP. There's no way of them knowing that your car is the same as the one they developed the map on.

ok thanks new to all this lol never been in to mods that much until the clio just wanted good exhaust and a map to sort out flat spots from the de-cat ...just going on the
advice most people have said ..yet it seems to be worse than before !