Caliper painting

Dazzer

Paid Member
Stripping the old paint of my calipers to spray them.Can I use any kind of paint stripper or is just loads of elbow grease? Cheers

Attachments

• 20161001_103650.jpg
    20161001_103650.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 15
i wouldnt use any paint stripper out there..lots of effort and elbow grease will do the job..

not done.jpg done.jpg know how you feel..done mine not long ago and what a ball ache...but wait till you are all done..

Reactions: Dazzer
pretty sure it gets very messy..never used it so cant comment but i'd rather do it using my arms then risking damage to the calipers..not sure how aggressive the strippers are :poke:
and im talking about paint strippers not the ladies :ninja:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dystant and Dazzer
Just some good old graft to get the paint off then and some high temp paint?

I only ask as i am thinking of doing my back ones, there is no paint on them at the moment but would rather clean them all up so the surface is as clean as possible

happy with them??if you pair them up with Ferodo ds2500 pads the braking power is just awesome..

They look realy good Pav,hope mine come out as good,all four are stripped and ready for paint now tomorrow, got there in the end :sweatsmile:
just take your time spraying and allow them to dry before a next coat is applied..