Cabbasse Radio System

teaspoon

Paid Member
Hi guys,
This may sound a very silly and simple question, but i have no prior experience with the Cabbasse system, only fitting a Aux Cable. Few questions:
1) If i was to get an aftermarket Head unit would fitting the unit be the same as with a standard Stereo.
2) What is the box underneath the seat?
3)Is it worth it for sound quality?
4) If i wanted to put it back to standard, how hard would it be?

Thank you!

I know to fit an aftermarket radio you'll need an aerial extension cable to go from the cabasse radio under the seat to the dashboard for the new radio (where the cabasse autochanger and control panel is)

I know to fit an aftermarket radio you'll need an aerial extension cable to go from the cabasse radio under the seat to the dashboard for the new radio (where the cabasse autochanger and control panel is)

Thank you! Going to have a crack at when i get home! In Gran Canaria at the moment, got a lot of goodies waiting for me when i get home!

I recently had my headunit changed at halfords (who were top notch) as my local audio guy was confused about the wiring despite me telling him the iso connectors were at the back. Anyway on to answering your question;

1) Yes, an after market headunit should go in exactly the same as if it were replacing a standard Clio headunit.
2) The box underneath is the radio tuner. The front cover clips off and the unit can be pulled out by using stereo removal keys (the two semi circle type ones)
3) To be honest, i didn't notice that much of a difference. However I only used the radio until I got my new headunit installed so the quality of the audio may well have actually improved.
4)Putting it to standard shouldn't really be hard at all. You would need to remove the after market cage and take out the aerial extension cable (if you were using the tuner with your after market radio)

It would really be beneficial to remove the glove box when installing your new headunit. I currently have my glove box out the car and can show you a picture of how my wiring sits on the side as I also installed a stalk adapter if you want. If there's anything else you need help with just let me know.

Last edited:
Surely there's no advantage to installing the Cabbasse unit, if you're swapping the headunit? Just get a headunit with a USB and AUX port instead?

Surely there's no advantage to installing the Cabbasse unit, if you're swapping the headunit? Just get a headunit with a USB and AUX port instead?

Yes, this conversation is about replacing the cabasse radio with an aftermarket one isn't it?

No update on this as kinda went a little crazy on buying detailing products but its definatly for next month. Must say though Quartz wax from Wax Addict is superb!IMAG1119.jpg