Buying a warranty Is it worth it ?

so my clio 200 is due to be out of warranty at the end of october and it was my birthday last week and i was given some money now ive been looking on the net for warranty cover as renault will not extend with them due to the car being from a local garage all the prices im getting are for £350-£400 and at best i have £150 to put towards this at the moment im not keen on doing a direct debit either because it puts the price up :worried:
has any one done something like this before and would you guys say it pointless bare in mind it is only for a year

Is the car still in warranty? Does it have a full Renault service history? If so you can extend with Renault on their website. I bought my 200 from a local garage (not a Renault dealer) and a month before the warranty was due to expire I extended online with Renault. I've already got a key replaced with the extended warranty so there was half the cost of the warranty saved. The extended Renault one is around £400 for the year and for a 200 I doubt you'll find one cheaper.

http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/warranty/extendedwarranties/

**in all honesty I don't even know if it needs a full Renault service history but the original warranty can not have expired**

Last edited:
Is the car still in warranty? Does it have a full Renault service history? If so you can extend with Renault on their website. I bought my 200 from a local garage (not a Renault dealer) and a month before the warranty was due to expire I extended online with Renault. I've already got a key replaced with the extended warranty so there was half the cost of the warranty saved. The extended Renault one is around £400 for the year and for a 200 I doubt you'll find one cheaper.

http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/warranty/extendedwarranties/

**in all honesty I don't even know if it needs a full Renault service history but the original warranty can not have expired**

thats why i cant have it mate warranty ended 30th of march i bought the car 3 months later so they put a 3 month one on it i would do it if i could have a renault one but i dont see the point of getting a third party one

Well, I've never had a manufacturer warranty on a car, as I've not bought one new enough. I can imagine they'd be a nice thing to fall back onto.

The clios do have a few problems that are not uncommon to go. You need to look at how long you're going to keep the car, you might want to consider just banking that money in an icer, and keeping it for any problems, for all you know, it might be faultless for the next 2 years, and then you can put that towards another car. This is the risk you take, its the same risk the 3rd parties take also.

Look into the small print mate but on my opinion I would say yes. I took arnold clark autocare with the clio and ended up getting just over £5000 on parts and labour bud. These cars can be expensive to repair so would prob be worth it. :wink:

I've used Warranty Direct on a couple of cars and found them to be decent enough (though obviously only anecdotal evidence here). Had to make two claims against the SEAT Ibiza and both were settled promptly (one being an air-con problem that ended up as a BIG bill). But as other folks have commented... read the small print (and the big print) to make sure it covers what you want it to cover (so to speak).

Look into the small print mate but on my opinion I would say yes. I took arnold clark autocare with the clio and ended up getting just over £5000 on parts and labour bud. These cars can be expensive to repair so would prob be worth it. :wink:

I've used Warranty Direct on a couple of cars and found them to be decent enough (though obviously only anecdotal evidence here). Had to make two claims against the SEAT Ibiza and both were settled promptly (one being an air-con problem that ended up as a BIG bill). But as other folks have commented... read the small print (and the big print) to make sure it covers what you want it to cover (so to speak).

as said read small print and whats covered and to what value and amount of claims

as said read small print and whats covered and to what value and amount of claims

When I took the warranty on the clio each individual claim was up to £2000 so never had to put anything towards any claim. Came really closw with the gearbox tho, I think with parts and labour was close too £2000. [MENTION=51590]terrydb[/MENTION] how old is the car exactly ? My clio was 4-5 year old when I got it and had the 2 hub carriers 2 drop links, gearbox and clutch slave cylinder, exhaust manifold, 2 wisbone arms , and a few other bits and bobs fitted under the warranty tho I cant remember if the manifold was part of the 2 month arnold clark warranty when I bought it or autocare.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 4
C New Members 3
Merde Francais Clio 200T Area 0
T Clio 197 Area 1
mattrs182 Clio General Chat 14