Buying a 197 with high miles

A few points to add with that car:

No way in a million years a "small remap" will bring it to 220 hp.
timing belt done but not aux belt or dephaser, might want to check these
I agree. It's all good changing the cambelt until the aux belt ****s itself taking out the cambelt with it. Not to mention the poor spelling.

Im not buying it because it claims its 220bhp, theres no way in hell its 220bhp lol.
Im considering buying it because he claims theres a full extensive history with the car. I will be checking this of course.

Well I made a purchase!
The little car looks awesome, had a fun drive home!
Did see 35mpg on the way, over 30/40 miles it averaged out to around 32mpg.

Could do with a machine polish and good wax in general I think. Will get a little thread up at some stage.

E5AEA9C3-BBE1-4A48-B9F2-E035A9EDC71A_zpszhsdjchc.jpg

Matt.

Nice, just paint the wheels black and I'll be going faint, with red that's my joint favourite colour. Looks the muts nuts.
Just keep it happy, and it'll keep you happy.

Yes mate that looks superb. We just bought an RB one today too!

Hope it treats you well.

That looks superb bud. Rb sticks out like a sore thumb in a good way. Hope you enjoy mate they are fun great little cars. Oh and like the splitter.

Congrats on the purchase, glad you found a good one :smile: as has been said, cracking little car that will make you smile!

Thanks for all of the comments guys!

Would anyone know anything about the Radio's in these? I like having Bluetooth or even some form of Aux so I can plug my phone in, is it possible with the standard radio or will I just upgrade it?

If I do have to upgrade I will want the display module 'bit where it shows time etc' to still work, is it possible to get adapters for this?

Matt.

There is a guide in the How To section on setting up a lead for your phone etc to the Aux port. Bluetooth, I would think an upgrade will be your best bet :smile:

How To section is open to paid members if you want to join :smile:

There is a guide in the How To section on setting up a lead for your phone etc to the Aux port. Bluetooth, I would think an upgrade will be your best bet :smile:

How To section is open to paid members if you want to join :smile:

Thanks for that, I shall look into it.

I have a 197 that I bought with 95,000 km (60k miles or so) on it, MY08.

Make sure you find out about the timing/cam belt, and that it has a good documented service history. Put some sticky rubber on and go hard.

See if you can find another one to drive first though, so you know if anything "feels off".

Good luck!!

Oh and best plan is grab a head unit with Bluetooth and upgrade the front speakers. I paid about $200 (maybe £100?) and it's WORLDS apart from what it was.

You will need a cable adapter (£6 on eBay) to keep your steering wheel audio controls though.

I have a 197 that I bought with 95,000 km (60k miles or so) on it, MY08.

Make sure you find out about the timing/cam belt, and that it has a good documented service history. Put some sticky rubber on and go hard.

See if you can find another one to drive first though, so you know if anything "feels off".

Good luck!!

Actually got sorted with one (Page 3)

Drove another one before buying it, was much happier with the one I purchased. Extensive history, great driving & looking!

Do you have a link to the £6 steering wheel audio control thingmy? Or even Item No?

Oops, I just had this pop up on my tapatalk and didn't read through. Poor form I know.

I'll see if I can find it, you'll need one specific to your head unit make though. Mine was a Kenwood one.

I'll have a squiz and see if I can find the link

Oops, I just had this pop up on my tapatalk and didn't read through. Poor form I know.

I'll see if I can find it, you'll need one specific to your head unit make though. Mine was a Kenwood one.

I'll have a squiz and see if I can find the link
Lol no worries.

ahhhh yes, that makes sense! I like the Sony BT units, had one in the STI. Might get another :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions