Burning sMell every now and again?

Alright every now and again I'm noticed a burning smell from the Clio from out side can't smell it inside but it's not all the time it's not the clutch but it is definatly a burn smell anyone else had similar problem and has any idea what it is I. Any seen to trace it to anywhere :s cheers

It's not the brakes is it?

They can give out a bit of a warm whiff if you've been on a bit of a mad one...

Very strange...

I'd have a look underneath and make sure nothing's touching the exhaust anywhere and have a look that the diffuser isn't touching the tailpipes at all. Apart from that I can't really think of what it could be without smelling it myself.

I've had this on the odd morning.
I had a slight wiff of it this morning just as I was getting onto the motorway. It does tend to go away after a minute or so.

Could be a slightly leaking rocker cover, mines slightly leaking and every now n then i can smell it burning

Could be a slightly leaking rocker cover, mines slightly leaking and every now n then i can smell it burning

Iv had this before, you would notice that you are using more oil than usual if this was the case. Easy fix under warranty if you still have some left.

mine did use oil and had to top up twice, but hasnt needed it since thats why i said slight leak.

mine did this also from the heads of the bolts that hold the cam cover down,was fixed under warrenty simply with some sealant but would be a cheap fix if yr warrenty has expired