burning oil

Could anyone help me my car seems to be burning oil and obviously something is wrong with it but I dont know what it sounds right and runs perfect but since its got mucky you can see mucky parts more where the exhausts are I was just wondering if anyone could help me and is it a costly job?

first of all check the rocker cover, as there sealed using sealant rather then a gasket. it is common for them to leak, also check for a pool of oil around by the first coilpack as a bolt right next to common to leak aswel. as for the back getting more dirty, i think thats normal.

What makes you think it is burning oil? Oil tends to give the exhaust gases a blue tint, so you can normally see it. Has your oil level dropped?

Dirty exhausts would normally point to fuelling wouldn't it?

Do you know which oil is in it ?

If you dont it could be be cheap rubbish and might not even be the correct viscosity.

I will have to change oil as the oil level is dropping over the month on the indicator in the car as for thw smoke gases there is no blue tint to it so I am unsure what it is :worried:

If there's no blue tint in the exhaust fumes (esp on start up) then you most likely have a leak somewhere.

the backs do get quite dirty on these cars, i think its due to the diffuser

first establish how much oil it is using.....litres/1000miles

check for leaks as well...

then is it is compression test both dry/wet...

if the exhaust is black not blue then its "excess fuel"!!!