Broken door mirror :/

Feeling like a right tit right now - I have electric mirrors on my 197, the other day I tried to fold them in with the switch inside the car. I found only the passenger side folded in, the drivers side didn't move.

So, stupidly, I decided to give it a bit of persuasion and heard a clunk, followed by the whole mirror going loose :scared:

My mirror now just flops back and forth with no resistance and is currently cable tied to the black plastic mounting piece to keep it still.

Anybody had this happen to them - i'm thinking if somebodies had their mirror clipped by a passing car this could also happen.

I'm wondering can the mirror body be removed from the inner mounting point to see if I can fix what i've presumably snapped? Or am I looking at replacing the whole unit like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...odel:Clio|Plat_Gen:MK+III&hash=item27dac4dff9

If so has anybody replaced a whole unit before - How hard is it to do?

Thanks

Mike.

Yeah nothing moved on it...

Panic is over anyway - Sorts of.

I took the mirror off and pulled it apart as much as I could. Looks like the mirror has been damaged in the past and glued back together because I could see glue residue on part of the mechanism, which I doubt came from the factory.

Looked like i'd just broken the glue bond, so I just super glued the 2 parts back together and bolted it back on. How long it'll last I don't know and its no wonder the mirror doesn't fold in with the pivots glued but at least its on and secure.

I'll just keep my eye out for a cheap mirror on ebay. The one I linked to look good to me so might make an offer on that. Its on for £50 or best offer so might be cheeky and offer £30 for it.