Brembo pads from nextdaybrakes

Just went to fit the new discs and pads, whipped the wheel off, turned the steering and immediately noticed the pads I have on have the locating pins, the ones I've been sent don't and are labelled up for a nissan micra etc

Not sure what's went on there as the receipt matches up number wise to the pads, can't understand how I could of ordered the wrongs ones when it only give yous the options on the website for the selected car.

As of yet I could be totally to blame and had a major brain fart when ordering, won't know until I get to speak to them tomorrow.

just going to have to be light on the pedals until I get some more

I haven't take clue, owner before me wasn't a forum member

the pads that have been sent have no lugs for the pins and came with a set of bolts in the packaging too

Yeah definitely wrong pads!

Have you ordered new pins when you do the job?

These calipers are a pig - the new pins will make it much easier in future - I had to cut out my old pins!

There won't be with them. You need to get them from [MENTION=2479]mrpink[/MENTION] (think that's his tag) - they are about £40.

You're much better off ordering from [MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] on here as they are main dealers but will offer a very good price.

As stated above 100% the wrong pads. By the looks of the box they're for the Clio estate (grand tourer) and not the RS. The pads for the RS have loops/holes in the top of the pad that the pins go through and are about twice the size of those (I'll try to get a picture as I've a set of DS2500 pads sitting here waiting on me fitting them) .

Got a picture:

IMAG0306.jpg

As stated if your looking pins you have a few options: 1) OE parts from Renault/Brembo ( @smithandroper will supply these together with the proper Brembo pads) , these come in at around £60 for 4 pins and are very prone to seizing in the caliper and bending on removal, 2) Aftermarket parts from ebay/EuroCarParts etc, these are around £15 for 4 pins but are even worse than the a Brembo pins and finally 3) Uprated pins from a @mrpink, these are £40 delivered and are made from stainless so shouldn't seize in the caliper. I personally went for option 3.

@mrpink has a section sticky re his pins at the top of this sub section: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?10578-New-design-Brembo-fitting-pins-interest

Last edited:
There is a 2.0 VVT Clio (140bhp) that isn't the RS. Its pretty rare though to honest. I'd say that those pads you have are for one of them.

If you look closely it's the one at the top of the screen shot.

This is the 'more info' on the pads:

Screenshot_2014-03-09-22-40-23.png

It states OE stuff is Lucas, that's a mistake right there.

Last edited:
I had the exact same issue, I called the technical adviceline and they weren't very useful. If you want to order from them you have toorder the pads for a Renault MEGANE II 2.0 Renault Sport. Partnumber is P68036 iirc. Although I had this problem they did refund me and organizea courier to collect the incorrect pads.

I don't think the System had been changed, to fair to them the lad who I spoke to rectified the problem within the hour and called back to explain.

Cusomer service was spot on for me, I try to never judge a company on a mistake as they happen but I like to judge them on how quick they rectify a mistake to the customer which in this case was very good.

I don't think the System had been changed, to fair to them the lad who I spoke to rectified the problem within the hour and called back to explain.

Cusomer service was spot on for me, I try to never judge a company on a mistake as they happen but I like to judge them on how quick they rectify a mistake to the customer which in this case was very good.

But they have been told there is a fault with their system and the information is wrong and they still haven't fixed it. I'm guessing by the way your talking that it wasn't only a week if do ago that you pointed out this error in their system.

This is something that's easily fixed but they haven't bothered.