Breathalyser

iAndy

Platinum Member
Has anyone bought one thats decent? Sat here on a hungover sunday morning thinking its not worth risking driving as had a few cheeky beers last night, and then looked at the bottle of wine we had with tea and its low alcohol 6.5% so was thinking am I over limit?? Don't wanna risk it so car is staying on the drive to be safe. But started looking on ebay at some breathalysers and thought would it be worth spending £100 to be sure.... could put it through work as a work tool.....

Not used one before but could be a good idea in these situations. The problems arise when people rely on these gadgets so they can drink to the limit and then get in the car after a night out.

IMO the legal limit should be revised so that even 1pint or glass of wine its too much.

Not used one before but could be a good idea in these situations. The problems arise when people rely on these gadgets so they can drink to the limit and then get in the car after a night out.

IMO the legal limit should be revised so that even 1pint or glass of wine its too much.

I agree. Scottish government are reducing our minimum level.

I agree. Scottish government are reducing our minimum level.

Should be zero% or your locked away

Should be zero% or your locked away

It's not possible to have zero tolerance as the body can naturally produce alcohol.

At work we have the strictest levels of any profession.

They can't even but shandy in the vending machines as it would take us over our limit.

Doesn't seem that long since we could drink on duty! Oh the tails I could tell..........

I never drink drive and I panic about the morning after, like FCS we will want a beer on sat night (purely to keep warm whilst camping) and then the panic of the drive into the show on the sunday arises, so was just thinking a decent breathalyser could just ease the mind for next morning, none of us really know the time it takes to come out of our own bodies and everyone is different. I have friends who claim to have had 3 pints and been under the limit when breathalysed a few hours late.... total crap in my mind as if I had 3 pints I would forget where I parked the car so no chance of driving.... Just wonder on the morning after thou as I am quite strict and leave 24 hours after having more than 4 pints the night before

Sorry but it's not about if you under, if you drink even half a pint it affects you and your ability to drive.

If you want to keep warm take a fag lighter kettle and have a warm drink and a hot water bottle.