Breaks

For some reason if I spin my wheels all I can smell is beaks not tyre if you get me. I don't now if my break pads are to close to my discs so they are rubbing when I put my foot down that's why I can smell them, it's hard to see in the picture but they look even closer in person. Is it just me or are they. Any advice would help before I take her to a garage a3yju9em.jpg

if you don't know about brakes then take it somewhere that does....its less dangerous that way

if you look in this section you will find a few 100 posts on brakes and the first thing is to have them serviced ie strip/clean/lube etc

Sounds like a seized pad and with the history of our calliper assembly I'd put money on it. Aren't the pads designed to run with constant contact(ever so slight) on the disc so you don't get a soft pedal?

Sounds like a seized pad and with the history of our calliper assembly I'd put money on it. Aren't the pads designed to run with constant contact(ever so slight) on the disc so you don't get a soft pedal?

correct - its the hydraulic seals that actually pull the piston back fractionally to create that clearance (just touching in effect)