Brake pads

Looking at a new set of brake pads for a 197. Been looking at EBC yellowstuff pads, looked around and got a cost of £149 for front and back (not fitted). Just wondered if it's a decent price, or if any could recommend some other pads?

Thanks and sorry if there's already a thread on this, I'm still learning lol.

If it's just for the road then standard discs and pads are fine, a lot cheaper too.

Reactions: Cooper
I thought the general consensus on EBC stuff was 'avoid'?

DS2500 on the fronts, standard on the rear would be my ideal setup.

Reactions: Cooper
Depends on your needs, if you're not tracking then standard pads are sufficient.

If you're not tracking but still want a little upgrade you could get some Mintex M1144 pads, they're about £80. (Correction apparently you can get them for £56 on eBay)

I've recently upgraded to them and am very pleased with them!

Last edited:
Right, general idea seems to be to avoid EBC then, I'm glad this forum is here lol.

I'll have a look at DS2500's and the Mintex 1144 and see how I get on.

Thanks for the help!

Ah yes, Mintex also!

I run standard pads on mine and have no issues.

Mintex m1144 are a good compromise price/performance..or as above stick to standard brembo pads..

Depends on your needs, if you're not tracking then standard pads are sufficient.

If you're not tracking but still want a little upgrade you could get some Mintex M1144 pads, they're about £80.

I've recently upgraded to them and am very pleased with them!

£56 on ebay for the fronts delivered :smile:

Good pads. Got these on the rear - and certainly a noticeable upgrade from standard........

£56 on ebay for the fronts delivered :smile:

Good pads. Got these on the rear - and certainly a noticeable upgrade from standard........

I had to order the £80 set as the £56 set have a 16 day delivery time and I needed them asap :worried:

@sevenfourate yeah when I was looking I searched for 'Mintex M1144 MDB2725'.

Most results are around £80, but the one from the seller you're talking about for £56 if you look at the delivery estimate it's 16 days roughly.

Although I've just noticed it says delivery method; tracked 48 hours, but then provides a delivery estimate of Feb 24-27 :think: